Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

dkershner

Default Lifecycle Stage From Email Conversation

SOLVE

Hi there! I understand that default lifecycle stages are set up based on how a contact comes in and you can use workflows and other work arounds to edit those that come in through forms.

I was wondering if there was a way to change the default stage for a contact that enters the system through email integration (like gmail). Right now these leads are automatically defaulted to "suscriber" but I would like to set these people that come in as "other"

Thanks!

1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

The property you'll want to filter/trigger by is 'Original Source Drill-Down 2'.
- see image

HubSpot Original Source PropertiesHubSpot Original Source Properties

However, we should briefly revisit the Lifecycle Stage. (important)

Leads added to HubSpot via the 'HubSpot: Email Tracking & Sales CRM for Gmail' integration should have a default Lifecycle Stage of LEAD (not Subscriber). Contacts showing a default Lifecycle Stage of Subscriber could (should) only be coming from form submissions. Just a thought.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Yasminef

SOLVE

Hi Frank, I don't understand how to do this. My default setting from all external sources is subscriber, but I want it to be lead. How do I change this? I searched for the original source option, but do not understand what to do from there. 

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

You'll want to use a workflow to update the default Lifecycle Stage that enters the system through Gmail integration.
- see image

Lifecycle Stage Update Best PracticesLifecycle Stage Update Best Practices

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
dkershner

SOLVE

Thanks Frank!

I saw that article, I'm just having trouble understanding how to do this in a workflow. I don't see an enrollment trigger that is based off of gmail integration - can you point me in the right direction here?

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

The property you'll want to filter/trigger by is 'Original Source Drill-Down 2'.
- see image

HubSpot Original Source PropertiesHubSpot Original Source Properties

However, we should briefly revisit the Lifecycle Stage. (important)

Leads added to HubSpot via the 'HubSpot: Email Tracking & Sales CRM for Gmail' integration should have a default Lifecycle Stage of LEAD (not Subscriber). Contacts showing a default Lifecycle Stage of Subscriber could (should) only be coming from form submissions. Just a thought.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
JdeRocquigny
Contributor

SOLVE

I totally agree yet Hubspot still deafults Sales Email Integration created contacts as subscibers an this default cannot change.  They have not subscribed to anything but rather are just leads.  Wish Hubspot would fix this.

0 Upvotes