Deal Property - Previous Deal Stage

New Contributor

I'm wondering if there is a way to set up workflows to create a property that represents what deal stage the deal was just moved from. Occassionally we have deals that skip a deal stage or that go backwards due to an error. 

Is there a way to 'easily' set up "Previous deal stage: [deal stage name that deal was just moved from]"? 

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Community Manager

Hi @Bigstone,

From a high level, you could use custom deal properties to copy the deal stages in a different property, which you could then refer back to in regards to what the previous deal stage was. 

While you couldn't use this to change the deal stage, it would give you a record of this information in the front end. This information is also available in the property history. For more information on this, I wanted to share this resource.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Community Thought Leader

As Jenny indicated, you could use custom deal properties to copy the deal stage whenever changes occur. However, don't know of a way to reliably trigger re-enrollment in the accompanying workflow needed to track changes.
- see image

mfjlabs-screenshot-Previous-Deal-Stage-Chain-Reaction.png

Not sure if there's another way to skin this cat. Others with more powerful HubSpot Sales kung fu may have more to add.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Frank

MFrankJohnson-dot-com-HubSpot-Community-banner-gif-v20190817

0 Upvotes