Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

kwidrick
Participant

Date added to a list

I would love the ability to have an active list condition "joined X active list on/after X date." The use case is this: I have 5 different ways that people can funnel into ONE list, and so each of those ways is its own condition.

However, I can't then run a report of how many people were added to that list -- from all methods -- after a certain date, so I can't see how many new leads have joined each month, each quarter, etc.

I would love to have this so I can more easily report on our new lead generation efforts at given benchmarks!

17 Replies 17
KindraWP
Participant

Date added to a list

Oh my gosh, yes please!!

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Date added to a list

Thanks for sharing these ideas, @Amy_Brierley

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
Amy_Brierley
Contributor

Date added to a list

This would improve segmentation, and also save time finding out when someone was added to the list (since the only way to do this currently is to export the list)!

0 Upvotes
dianna
Contributor

Date added to a list

Agreed! This is very important for proper reporting.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Date added to a list

Hi @dianna,

Thanks for reaching out!

I wanted to refer you to these existing ideas in the Ideas Forum:

1. Sorting Lists - Date Contact added

2. Active List Creation based on date range

3. Identifying when a contact joined a List

I would highly recommend upvoting these ideas and commenting on why this feature would be useful in the thread. 

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
ZDukowitz
Participant

Date added to a list

I have this need as well. We have one list that has multiple entry points to track how our SEO content is converting leads.

Say we have 50 pages made to bring in organic traffic, and a Sumo popup + inline form + other conversion points on each page, each a little different depending on the page. Then we have a single list that tracks who converts from all these different places. To report on "leads from SEO" per month using this list, it would be really helpful to have a way to filter by "date joined list" to avoid the manual solutions proposed so far.

So, big upvote for all those on here expressing this need—I have it too!

esteeratliff
Contributor

Date added to a list

Until they come up with a solution for this, I ended up creating my own custom fields. I exported all my lists. Grabbed their "added to list" date. reimported the contact with that date into a custom date field for my specific list. For dayforward - I created a workflow that populates that field when a contact is enrolled in a specific list.  I'll just have to keep my worflow & custom fields updated until this is an option within HubSpot.  Very clunky and a bit manual to start, but at least it's something so I can do some better reporting.

RayRay
Participant

Date added to a list

I would there to be data for Static Lists on when a contact was added. 

I've been told this data does not exists at the moment. 

SLee2

Date added to a list

Hi HubSpot Team,

Has the field mentioned above ("Added to List Date") been added? Or is there plans on adding it soon? I'm running into use cases when that field would be tremendously helpful. 

Thanks!

morganmcgee
Contributor

Date added to a list

We need the ability to see when a contact was added to a list as well. There's an advanced property called "added to list date," but you can only see it when you export the list. I want to be able to see it on the screen and be able to sort by it, rather than exporting.

esteeratliff
Contributor

Date added to a list

This was exactly what I came searching for. I need to be able to see when a contact was added to a list as well. Right now, that property is only available when you export the list; You can't see that "join" date when reporting in HubSpot though! 

"date added" available during export"date added" available during export"date added" not available as a normal column or in reports"date added" not available as a normal column or in reports

JenBerenguer
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Date added to a list

@kwidrick, Won't the list reports help you?

You should be able to see leads added to those certain lists overtime (if you go to your list>Actions>View list performance) and filter by date.

ALevesque2
Participant

Date added to a list

@JenBerenguer is there a way to recreate this same visual in the reports function so I can add it to a dashboard instead of having to look at it inside the list function each time?

JenBerenguer
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Date added to a list

I don't think so, however, if that's something you need, I'd think about the purpose of the list and see how you could maybe use a property instead. 

Say you have a list for all you leads, and you were looking at the list performance to see the increase of leads overtime. We have that property in the lifecycle stages that would help you track that and would give you more reporting flexibility. And even if you don't have the property by default, you can always create your own (depending on your HubSpot subscription) and report on them in the same way.

ALevesque2
Participant

Date added to a list

No this is because of the same issue mentioned already on this page. The list has multiple entry points - a field doesn't make sense. Consider that the multiple entry points are all channels or all different forms that I want to land in the same category (the list). Maybe I don't care as much about the individual different form or channel growth, but I do want to see the bigger category (list) growth over time. It's strange to me that I can see it at a performance level but that I wouldn't be able to see it in a report.

kwidrick
Participant

Date added to a list

Thanks! I just tried that, and it does show me the leads, but as far as I can tell, I have to do the math manually (correct?). I can see, for example, that when I use a custom date range, I started with 9,224 contacts and now have 9,302. That would show 78 net new leads, I t think?

But that doesn't show the number, without me calculating it. It also doesn't seem to match the workaround list I have (where I set up conditions for each of the five funnels that send people to the main list, and date-restricted that by the date they filled out the form/entered the workflow). These are not NEW contacts -- they're already on our list -- but they are new to the list, which seems to make it a bit trickier.