Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

inbound_geek

Customize the lifecycle stage of a contact based upon a Lead Flow or Collected Forms submission

SOLVE

Hey all! Is there a way to customize the lifecycle stage of contacts that come in through Lead Flows or Collected Forms submissions? For example, one leadflow would set a submission as subscriber and another would set a submission as a lead?

1 Accepted solution
smnktng
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Customize the lifecycle stage of a contact based upon a Lead Flow or Collected Forms submission

SOLVE

Hi there,

If you are a HubSpot Marketing customer with access to Workflows and have the Leadin add-on enabled to enable Lead Flows & Collected forms in your account (Account Menu > Settings > Products & Add-Ons > Leadin), this is definitely possible.

Lead Flow and Collected Forms submissions can be used to trigger a Workflow that can set the lifecycle stage property in a workflow to be the desired value (Lead Flow and Collected Forms triggers can be found under the 'Form Submissions' enrollment criteria). Step by step info on how to do this can be found here:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/can-i-control-when-a-lifecycle-stage-cha...

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
dmasulli
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Is there an update on this? It seems strange to have to overwrite the lifecycle stage in a blog subscription lead flow. We have a lot of existing clients that also subscribe to the blog so we wouldn't want to have to overwrite that. At the same time, we don't want all of our subscribers to be classified as 'leads' (the default for lead flows).

0 Upvotes
nbrown86

SOLVE

I had the same issue, fixed it using a workflow for a specific lead flow, setting up a rule to detect current lifecycles and reassign for the desired ones. You can perform this action easily through branches.

0 Upvotes
smnktng
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi there,

If you are a HubSpot Marketing customer with access to Workflows and have the Leadin add-on enabled to enable Lead Flows & Collected forms in your account (Account Menu > Settings > Products & Add-Ons > Leadin), this is definitely possible.

Lead Flow and Collected Forms submissions can be used to trigger a Workflow that can set the lifecycle stage property in a workflow to be the desired value (Lead Flow and Collected Forms triggers can be found under the 'Form Submissions' enrollment criteria). Step by step info on how to do this can be found here:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/can-i-control-when-a-lifecycle-stage-cha...

marctiedemann
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @smnktng!

Is there a way to set the default life-cycle stage for a lead-flow?

In our case, we have a little popup for blog-subscriptions on our self-hosted blog.

The lead flow sets the stage to Lead by default. What I want is a subscriber as it's only a blog subscriber. And workflows don'Ät work here as it can't set the lifecycle stage down.

And I can't find an option in the lead-flow to edit the default stage (or embed a hidden field)

0 Upvotes
aliciaw
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@marctiedemann you can use a workflow to move the lifecycle stage property down the funnel by adding a step to clear the lifecycle stage first! see the later part of this article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/can-i-set-the-lifecycle-stage-of-a-conta...

0 Upvotes
marctiedemann
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @aliciaw, I know but this means that I would overwrite the lifecycle status of exsisting customers as well. Lets say John is a MQL and subscribes to the Blog. I'd like him to stay MQL. Not erase and set Subscriber. My new Contact Steve on the other hand I want to be a Subscriber, not a Lead like it's set in the default for Lead-Flows. I can do this with Forms, where I can set the "invisible" attributes. But not with Lwad-Flows.

aseipp
Participant

SOLVE

Agree that this is an incredibly large oversight. On other forms I can set the status as a hidden field, but not on lead flows. 

While workflows can work, what if a user is already a lead and they fill out the form again? Do I change them to a subscriber again? But then my reporting is completely off and I'm not segmenting my list properly.

Please, allow us to either set a lifecycle stage or set it as a hidden field like on other forms.

BasicOps

SOLVE

Does this really apply to collected forms?  I'm properly submitting the "lifecyclestage" attribute in our form but the value isn't properly set when the contact is created.

0 Upvotes
martinsmazza

SOLVE

Is there a way to customize the lifecycle stage on a HSM Free?

0 Upvotes