Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

inboundshop
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

Custom internal email notification - meeting booking link form to show contact details

SOLVE

Is there a way to have a workflow fire an email to an internal contact that contains the name and company name when a meeting is booked on a meeting link? The notification email doesn't contain this information, you have to click into hubspot via the link in the notificaiton email. The owner would like to see who books a demo with his sales team from these notificaiton emails without having to click into HubSpot. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
kvlschaefer
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Custom internal email notification - meeting booking link form to show contact details

SOLVE

Hi @inboundshop,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! 

You can accomplish this by adding personalization tokens to an internal email notification action in a contact-based workflow. Personalization tokens allow you to show personalized content to your internal team based on a contact's property values in your CRM.

For the first workflow step, you'll want to identify which meeting link will trigger the workflow. You can find meeting links under the "Form Submissions" option in the workflow.

For the second step, select "Send Internal Workflow Notification". You'll be able to add contact-based personalization tokens such as "Contact Owner", "Company Name", "Full Name", "First Name", "Last Name" among others to the email title and body. 

The owner will then receive an internal notification with the name of the contact, the contact's owner and any other details you would like to include in the email. 

Here is an example workflow from my portal: 

Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 10.21.48 AM.png

Please note that the selected contact property values such as contact owner and first name and last name must be populated on the contact record in order for personalization token in the notification to populate with a value. 

I've linked a few knowledge base articles above on personalization tokens and internal email notifications.

I hope this helps get you started 🙂

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
kvlschaefer
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @inboundshop,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! 

You can accomplish this by adding personalization tokens to an internal email notification action in a contact-based workflow. Personalization tokens allow you to show personalized content to your internal team based on a contact's property values in your CRM.

For the first workflow step, you'll want to identify which meeting link will trigger the workflow. You can find meeting links under the "Form Submissions" option in the workflow.

For the second step, select "Send Internal Workflow Notification". You'll be able to add contact-based personalization tokens such as "Contact Owner", "Company Name", "Full Name", "First Name", "Last Name" among others to the email title and body. 

The owner will then receive an internal notification with the name of the contact, the contact's owner and any other details you would like to include in the email. 

Here is an example workflow from my portal: 

Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 10.21.48 AM.png

Please note that the selected contact property values such as contact owner and first name and last name must be populated on the contact record in order for personalization token in the notification to populate with a value. 

I've linked a few knowledge base articles above on personalization tokens and internal email notifications.

I hope this helps get you started 🙂

Best,

Kristen

inboundshop
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

SOLVE

Worked great. I didn't realize you could personalize the notifications this way. Thanks!

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @inboundshop,

You're very welcome!

Glad to hear the personalization tokens helped 🙂

Best,

Kristen

0 Upvotes