Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

TommyGarvin
Participant

Custom exports to Excel - selected data fields only

SOLVE

I am new to HubSpot, working on exporting client data for use in Microsoft Power BI. The client has several hundred custom columns defined in Contacts.

Starting from one of their filtered lists, I added a few columns to the export selection.

This worked, but the selection is not saved. I need to find a way to select and save approximately 50 data fields.

What is odd is there is a default list which comes up, always the same 39 fields, just not the right ones. I have no idea where this persisted list came from. It seems like there is a capability somewhere.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TommyGarvin,

In the contacts tool (Menu > Contacts > Contacts), you can add customize your columns (Table actions > Edit columns). Once you have your 50 columns, click the Save view button (this is the important part). When you click again on Table actions, you'll see that you can Export view. Your saved view can also be pinned to the contacts dashboard and made default – for faster access. Otherwise it'll be saved under All views.

You can now also filter this contact view by list membership (or any other contact criteria, really). Click More filters and search the Contact properties for List membership.

Another option would be the Power BI integration from the App Marketplace – I haven't used it myself but it might make your life easier.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

johnelmer
Solution
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@TommyGarvin  there is an app in the HubSpot App Marketplace called the HubSpot Connector for Power BI. This app has had hundreds of installations (our firm developed it). There is a free trial and the app installation is a simple self-service process.

On a related note, we also offer an app for a one-time export all of your CRM data is the Ultimate Data Export for HubSpot

Ultimate Data Export is available free of charge in the HubSpot App Marketplace.  With the Ultimate Data Export for HubSpot you can export the following data tables and their associations into Excel:

• Contacts
    • Web Analytics
    • Companies
    • Deals
    • Deal History
    • Owners
    • Campaigns
    • Engagements
    • Emails
    • Products
    • Tickets
    • and more related subdata such as Pipelines and Associations.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
Elite HubSpot Solutions Partner
> Follow me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
johnelmer
Solution

SOLVE

@TommyGarvin  there is an app in the HubSpot App Marketplace called the HubSpot Connector for Power BI. This app has had hundreds of installations (our firm developed it). There is a free trial and the app installation is a simple self-service process.

On a related note, we also offer an app for a one-time export all of your CRM data is the Ultimate Data Export for HubSpot

Ultimate Data Export is available free of charge in the HubSpot App Marketplace.  With the Ultimate Data Export for HubSpot you can export the following data tables and their associations into Excel:

• Contacts
    • Web Analytics
    • Companies
    • Deals
    • Deal History
    • Owners
    • Campaigns
    • Engagements
    • Emails
    • Products
    • Tickets
    • and more related subdata such as Pipelines and Associations.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
Elite HubSpot Solutions Partner
> Follow me on LinkedIn
0 Upvotes
TommyGarvin
Participant

SOLVE

John, I completely agree. I have passed on this recommendation to my client.

I'll keep you posted on status in Q1.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TommyGarvin,

In the contacts tool (Menu > Contacts > Contacts), you can add customize your columns (Table actions > Edit columns). Once you have your 50 columns, click the Save view button (this is the important part). When you click again on Table actions, you'll see that you can Export view. Your saved view can also be pinned to the contacts dashboard and made default – for faster access. Otherwise it'll be saved under All views.

You can now also filter this contact view by list membership (or any other contact criteria, really). Click More filters and search the Contact properties for List membership.

Another option would be the Power BI integration from the App Marketplace – I haven't used it myself but it might make your life easier.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

TommyGarvin
Participant

SOLVE

I am actively exploring the Power BI Integration you mentioned. The client is risk-averse, but the $0.00 price seems to be getting their attention. I'll keep you posted. There is no official Power BI connector. The company CData offers a wide range of connectors which can be licensed. I have not yet had time to test the HubSpot connector.

0 Upvotes
TommyGarvin
Participant

SOLVE

Looks good, I am making progress. As soon as I verify I will accept as solution.

Or, I might ask a follow-up question or two 😀

0 Upvotes
TommyGarvin
Participant

SOLVE

I created the custom view. I now need to filter it. There are 38K contacts in the database. The client has a filtered list with the desired contacts, about 4K. I don't see how to apply my view to a list, or maybe it is filter my view?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TommyGarvin,

You can apply an additional filter to your view to only show contacts who are in a certain list, just select More filters and type List membership:

more-filters.pnglist-membership.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

TommyGarvin
Participant

SOLVE

They are filtering on a form submission rather than contact property. I don't see an option in the filter choices. Since I know how to export all data from a List, as a seasoned programmer but totally novice HubSpot user, I would try to make a List from my View. Does that make sense? I'm sure there must be a way. From my SQL Server experience, one can both select data columns AND apply filter criteria in a SQL View. 

0 Upvotes