Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

SParis-Mascic

Cumulative scoring lists based on status

I'm hoping for some help with our lead scoring strategy.

A good deal our our leads come in from tradeshows where we collect names at the booth and webinars we've done with 3rd parties and are supplied the registration list.  The status of each of these leads is indicated on these lists (attended, registered, viewed on-demand, etc) I would like to be able to find a scalable way to score these according to their status, and have it also be cumulative.

And we will have a ton of these so my current approach of uploading a seperate list for each event/status and then scoring based on the membeship of that list is simply not scalable.

For example:

1. John attended Webinar A live (+35 pts)
  2. He also registered  for Webinar B, but was a no-show (+20 pts)
  3. He than watched Webinar C on-demand. (+30 pts)
  4. He finally attended Webinar D live (+35)

His score at the end should be 120

Without doing dozens of seperate list, and scoring on each, I'm stumped.  Here's what I've tried:

1. I created  aggregated  lists that we add all these lists to (ie all "attended live" contacts, and all "visited booth", and score on that one, but that would only give John a single score (not a sum of all 3). 
  2. I thought about doing a workflow to sort everyone into aggregated lists based on status and score these lists. For the example above I would create these lists
  • Attended live - 1x 
  • Attended live 2x 
  • Attended on-demand 1x
  • Attended on-demand 2x
  • No-show 1x
  • No-show 2x 
  • etc.

The enrollment trigger would be all the "thanks for joining us email" and as each event ended I could add each email as a contact enrollment trigger. 

I would create an if/then branch:

• If they are a not a member of Attended Live 1x - they would continue on to the branch that enrolled them in this list
  • If there WERE a member of Attended Live 1x - they would continue on to the brand that enrolled them into Atttended Live 2

This issue here is that contacts can't be re-enrolled based on the marketing email already listed as the triggers.

Any suggestions?

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
MSkuse
Contributor

@SParis-Mascic - did you ever resolve this? I'm having the same issue... we get our lists from events we sponsor and I need to be able to lead score based on which status they are.

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @SParis-Mascic,

Thank you for this great post! 

I want to tag in some subject matter experts to see if they have any suggestions.

Hi @AM8@Daniel_Bleich@StefaniUAT@NFurness do you have anylead scoring tips for @SParis-Mascic? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings