Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Mrs-Mo
Participant

Creating manual check for automated emails

SOLVE

Hi,

I am setting up a number of automated emails to go to customers during their contract.

Towards the end of the contract, I would like to be able to ask the contact owner to manually approve the next email going to - for example if they are in contact with the customer regarding renewal then the customer should not get the email. If they haven't been in contact about the renewal then they should send the email.

Is there a way I can send an internal email with a yes / no check box for the team to click to remove the contact from the workflow?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Ian_Matt
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @Mrs-Mo you can't link to a specific editable property but you could edit the properties that your team sees on the 'about this contact' section so they don't have to go searching for it as much. The instructions are here.

If you like my solution, would be great if you could hit the 'accept as solution' option! 🙂 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Ian_Matt
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @Mrs-Mo you can't link to a specific editable property but you could edit the properties that your team sees on the 'about this contact' section so they don't have to go searching for it as much. The instructions are here.

If you like my solution, would be great if you could hit the 'accept as solution' option! 🙂 

0 Upvotes
Ian_Matt
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi There

The way I would do this is to create a custom contact property 'Discussing renewal' and send an internal email with using a personalisation token for 'Internal contact record' as seen below.

This way the contact owner will get an email with a link to the contact record where they would either click yes or no (or leave it blank).

Screenshot 2021-12-03 at 13.27.08.png

I would recommend then adding a step on your workflow after the email is sent to clear the property so it can be repeated.

There are other alternatives such as logging a specific activity on a contact record when someone discusses renewals and basing your workflow off that if you're interested in hearing about it too. 🙂

I hope this helps!

Ian 

Mrs-Mo
Participant

SOLVE

Hi sorry to bother you again!  I did this - but is there any way of linking directly to that contact property so the team can click - rather than searching down the 'long' list of contact properties? trying to make it 'too easy to dismiss'.

0 Upvotes
Mrs-Mo
Participant

SOLVE

I will give that a go. Thank you for your help

0 Upvotes