Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

jcworth
Participant

Creating a top X list?

SOLVE

Hi All,

Hoping someone has a better idea than I do to return a limited number of companies/contacts for lists or views.

I'm looking to create top 100/250 customer lists, however at this stage I've simply had to sort by revenue and manually find the cutoff thus finding the criteria my "top 100" in a static capacity. 

Did anyone have some magic tricks to acheive this type of list? Thanks for any help!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Creating a top X list?

SOLVE

Hi @jcworth,

A quick workaround would be using the company index page (Menu > Contacts > Companies), filter this index page to your liking and scrolling down to display 100 companies per page:

karstenkoehler_0-1674750442856.png

You can then scroll back up, select all rows on this page and add them to a static list:

karstenkoehler_1-1674750494459.png

This would of course be a snapshot in time and not update dynamically. You would have to go through this exercise whenever you need an up to date list. It sounds like you did something similar already.

Another option would be setting up company report (Menu > Reports > Reports > Create report > Single object > Companies), a table visualization that sorts by your criteria.

Beyond that, I'm not aware of any features that would dynamically pull the top x records.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Creating a top X list?

SOLVE

Hi @jcworth,

A quick workaround would be using the company index page (Menu > Contacts > Companies), filter this index page to your liking and scrolling down to display 100 companies per page:

karstenkoehler_0-1674750442856.png

You can then scroll back up, select all rows on this page and add them to a static list:

karstenkoehler_1-1674750494459.png

This would of course be a snapshot in time and not update dynamically. You would have to go through this exercise whenever you need an up to date list. It sounds like you did something similar already.

Another option would be setting up company report (Menu > Reports > Reports > Create report > Single object > Companies), a table visualization that sorts by your criteria.

Beyond that, I'm not aware of any features that would dynamically pull the top x records.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

jcworth
Participant

Creating a top X list?

SOLVE

Thanks Karl! Currently doing something similar and manually updating company properties based on that but as you mentioned just a static snapshot in time unfortunately (and plenty of data cleanliness issues if manually setting a property to reflect this like I am haha). I think I may just need to revist my "why" and start back from there.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Creating a top X list?

SOLVE

Hi @jcworth,

I think that's a good idea. Narrowing down your efforts to a top x seems a bit arbitrary. I would rather define criteria for companies that you want to reach out to, for example. Whether one of these segments is then 45, 124, or 189 shouldn't matter. If they meet the criteria, there shouldn't be a cut-off at 100, 150, or 200.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler