Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

archilogic
Participant

Creating a field type "url" or "link" under contact properties

Résolue

Would it be possible to create a field type "url" or "link" similar to single-line text  in the contact property details? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts-user-guide-v2/how-to-create-contact-and-company-properties

Right now we are sending via API call, a url like this https://spaces.archilogic.com/3d/!d82a564b-cd97-4cb8-a53e-d9353c61b795 to fill out a custom contact property called LINKS_3D_MODELS (3D Models Links) as single line text.

The problem with single line text is when I incorporate this custom contact property into an automated email as personalization token, it is not tracked as a link. Thus i can not set as a goal "clicked on link: https://spaces...." Moreover on mobile the link is not clickable during the first few seconds .

3 Solutions acceptées
Solution
Anonymous
Non applicable

Résolue

Hey @archilogic

There isn't a url type contact property field, so the single line text field type is your best bet. While it won't track as a link, if you are able to put your HubSpot tracking code on the page the contact is arriving on, then you would be able to see if the recipients viewed the page.

If having the link tracked is a top priority, you could use a static link (as opposed to one generated in a personalization token) to take the contacts to a landing page, and then insert the personalization token on the landing page to take them to their personalized URL. 

Hope that helps! 

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

MayPascaud
Solution
Ancien salarié HubSpot
Ancien salarié HubSpot

Résolue

Hi @archilogic, the best way to pass this feedback along to the development team would be to post it as a suggestion on the Ideas Forum: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

Our product teams take customer feedback very seriously, and use the forum to prioritize their work on certain areas of the product.

0 Votes
tgoguely
Solution
Participant

Résolue

Not sure about tracking interactions with that link as a goal, but in terms of integrating a contact property that happens to be a custom url as a link in an email or other communication with your contact, I've been able to do this by clicking on Tools->Source Code within the email editor, and doing the following:

<p><a href="{{ contact.my_custom_confirmation_url }}">Log in now!</a></p>

I'm using this to email my contacts a custom confirmation URL that I need them to click on.

18 Réponses
NicoleJ
Modérateur HubSpot
Modérateur HubSpot

Résolue
JGoguikian
Participant

Résolue

unbelievable this isn't a feature already

0 Votes
M0
Participant

Résolue

@rcordioli You sure would think so, but I chatted with support last month and it is not even on the roadmap still. Please hear our cry Hubspot Product team!

rcordioli
Participant

Résolue

is this 2017 idea available in 2021?

M0
Participant

Résolue

We're also looking to do this, but not just at the contact level but also on deals and companies.

Please keep me up to date on this Hubspot Product team!

samuelmaeder
Participant

Résolue

To have a field type "URL" or "Link" would be helpful also to make it clickable in the account list. Currently, in the account list (contacts/companies/), I see only a not clickable link, when the URL is added to a single-line text field.

Would be really helpful to have this, e.g. to add links to accounts on other connected systems. Or is there a way how to do it now already?

ivo
Participant

Résolue

Just for new users having this need, there is an option to do this.  Create a workflow and set the Action: Copy property value. Then, create the contact Hubspot URL like this 

hubspot url contact.png

Update [YOUR-ACCOUNT-ID] and run the workflow!

Let me know if this works for you

Cheers 

user2384734
Contributeur

Résolue

Great suggestion...too bad this is only for paid/premium users. I was a bit shocked to find that there is no URL/link field type for custom fields. Seems a bit ridiculous to leave this off the list. Even your proposed solution, which I think can achieve the results most are seeking, it doesn't meet all, and having a field type that submitted URL's is a fairly straight forward field type and feature in most applications. Shocking to see that Hubspot has not added this.

0 Votes
tgoguely
Solution
Participant

Résolue

Not sure about tracking interactions with that link as a goal, but in terms of integrating a contact property that happens to be a custom url as a link in an email or other communication with your contact, I've been able to do this by clicking on Tools->Source Code within the email editor, and doing the following:

<p><a href="{{ contact.my_custom_confirmation_url }}">Log in now!</a></p>

I'm using this to email my contacts a custom confirmation URL that I need them to click on.

carolina-rodrig
Participant

Résolue

Is there a way to have a backup link in HTML? for any contacts whose unique link field might be blank?

0 Votes
AllisonAltus
Contributeur de premier rang

Résolue

Also i've tried to set this up but the links aren't clickable in the email? Am i missing something?

0 Votes
AllisonAltus
Contributeur de premier rang

Résolue

Hi @tgoguely

I'm currently trying to set this up. Can I ask, are you using Transactional emails add on, o rare you just automating these emails through workflows? 

Thanks

Allison 

0 Votes
tgoguely
Participant

Résolue

I'm using the regular emails (not Transactional), and automating it from a workflow.

When you're editing the email in the normal (WYSIWYG) view, you want to first put in the token for your property containing the url: Insert=>Personalization Token which will put the url there, but it won't be clickable.

To do that, you need to switch over to the HTML-editing view by going to: Tools=>Source Code. In this view, find the token that you want to link, and add the following code right before your token: <a href="

Right after your token you also need to add the following code: >TEXT</a>

(replace TEXT with whatever you want your link text to be)

So that it looks like this in the end: <a href="{{ contact.my_custom_confirmation_url }}">Log in now!</a>

And you should be all set

KatieMarr
Contributeur

Résolue

I am going to give this a try. Jut out of curiousity, is it possible to do this to apply a URL from a personalization token to an image, so it looks like a button, rather than just a link? 

My use case: 

we want to send a track your package link, but aren't using the transactional emails add on. So i've created a URL field that gets populated by our shipping team when a shipment goes out, which then kicks off a workflow to send the shipment notification email. Within that email, I want to include the tracking number (a separate contact property), and a link to track their package. However aesthetically, i'd like the track your package to appear as a button. I'm aware i can't do this as a CTA, as the link won't dynamically populate, but wondering if i can work around it with an image who's link is populated as described above. 

Hoping someone has an answer? 

Katie 

0 Votes
hratdrive
Membre

Résolue

Simple way to create and open URL

1.Save propery type as single line text and add url manually or import them to the filed.

2.Click 3 time to Select URL and right click on url and got to url link.

Solution
Anonymous
Non applicable

Résolue

Hey @archilogic

There isn't a url type contact property field, so the single line text field type is your best bet. While it won't track as a link, if you are able to put your HubSpot tracking code on the page the contact is arriving on, then you would be able to see if the recipients viewed the page.

If having the link tracked is a top priority, you could use a static link (as opposed to one generated in a personalization token) to take the contacts to a landing page, and then insert the personalization token on the landing page to take them to their personalized URL. 

Hope that helps! 

archilogic
Participant

Résolue

Hey,

Thanks for your answer.

We would love for you to take URL field type into consideration as a possible next feature.

Adding it as a static link and then directing people to a landing page is not possible for us right now, as our website is a single page application and we are not using Hubspot to create landing pages. Moreover adding a step will most probably decrease our conversion rate.

Thanks again for coming back to me on this.

MayPascaud
Solution
Ancien salarié HubSpot
Ancien salarié HubSpot

Résolue

Hi @archilogic, the best way to pass this feedback along to the development team would be to post it as a suggestion on the Ideas Forum: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

Our product teams take customer feedback very seriously, and use the forum to prioritize their work on certain areas of the product.

0 Votes