Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

driner
Membro

Creating a contact list using zip code ranges

resolver

I need to create a new contact list that contains zip/postal codes in specific ranges (i.e, 90001-90280).  Is this possible, or do I have to enter every single zip code seperately?

1 Solução aceita
trevordjones
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Hi @Gabriel_Ramos 

Sure thing.  Here it is.  Since this post is in Marketing Hub I assumed you were using HubSpot Marketing.  You need the Lists Tool for this, which is available from Starter on up.  If you're doing this in Free CRM, you may not have as many filter options to choose from.

ZIP Screenshot.png

- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

14 Respostas 14
trevordjones

resolver

Hi @driner 

I would suggest building a smart List list where the Postal Code "starts with any of" "900", "901," "9021," "9022," "9023," "9024," "9025," "9026," "9027," and "90280." 

That should accomplish your goal.

- Trevor

- Trevor

Gabriel_Ramos
Participante

resolver

Hey @trevordjones ,

My postal code field only allows for exact Match / Different /Emty or field, on your field you can do starts with? can you send me a print screen?

Kind regards

0 Avaliação positiva
trevordjones
Solução

resolver

Hi @Gabriel_Ramos 

Sure thing.  Here it is.  Since this post is in Marketing Hub I assumed you were using HubSpot Marketing.  You need the Lists Tool for this, which is available from Starter on up.  If you're doing this in Free CRM, you may not have as many filter options to choose from.

ZIP Screenshot.png

- Trevor

Viv21
Participante

resolver

I am looking for the exact same thing. But if I type in the starts with numbers, I get zero resultst whereas looking at the contact lists, I know it should come up with almost 1/5 of the contact list. So the option does not seem to work? Any other ideas/recommendations?

0 Avaliação positiva
cbmb
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Th eonly solution I found for UK post codes was to use "contains exactly" and then type the start of the post code with * at the end

So ME1*, ME2*, ME3*, PE1*, PE2*   etc etc

0 Avaliação positiva
Viv21
Participante

resolver

Thanks for reaching out. I don't have the option "contains exactly" but did not use the asterix* with my earlier tries. Too bad, it does not work with * Starts with 377*, 380* etc either. This is really necessary option. We came from Mailchimp, where it was pretty easy to do this 😞 

0 Avaliação positiva
trevordjones

resolver

Hi @Viv21,

I tested my original solution above in the lists tool and it still works appropriately.  Which version of HubSpot are you using?  Again, you can't do this in the CRM.  It has to be done with HubSpot Marketing - Starter or Above.

- Trevor

cbmb
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Thank you! Is there any way to paste a set of values into this field, or do i have to type each one separeatly?

If I insert a comma bewteen each value it just put the comma inside the value.

0 Avaliação positiva
trevordjones

resolver

Hi Again @cbmb!

Use a semicolon as your delimiter and copy/paste should work fine.

- Trevor

Renze
Membro

resolver

Hi Trevor,

Will this also be the case for companies or only contacts? 

0 Avaliação positiva
trevordjones

resolver

Hi @Renze,

This post is about the lists tool in the Marketing platform.  Filters in the CRM (which is how you would do this for company names) is much more limited in the range of available filter options.

For example, the "Starts With" option mentioned above isn't available in the lists of filters in the CRM.  You can, however, us "contains" but unfortunately you must populate the field filter with the full character string.  Meaning, you can't use "041", you have to use the full "04101" 5-digit postal code. 

Equally frustrating is that you can't use copy-paste in the CRM, at least with the delimiters I have tried (comma, semicolon, and tab), so if you want to build a list view for sales territories based upon Postal Codes, you'll have to key all of the zip codes in manually.

Sorry,

- Trevor

Viv21
Participante

resolver

I tried this, but the list of postal codes to be manually entered consists of 2229 lines. I had put them in Excel (easier to drag down) as I assumed I could copy in the fields. But no, this will put them all in one field instead of separate ones. 

I would need something lines Postal code is > 3700 and less then 3899 with more lines or i can copy / duplicate the mailing to Postal code 5000 - 6899 

@hubspot Any idea on how to deal with emailings that should go to a specific region only?  

0 Avaliação positiva
Gabriel_Ramos
Participante

resolver

This is something very important to us as well.

When I Generate a Call list for a region my sales rep is going to be visiting the following week I need to se the closest Zip codes so my CS can try to arrange a Schedule. Right now I am making a second field (ZIP_CODE_sort) and enterring as number, so i can filter by range. 

But Filtering with "starts with " is basic stuff, Hubspot should have it by now

0 Avaliação positiva
jetta
Participante

resolver

Hey @driner,

There isn't a way to do a range of numbers in a list, so you'd want to enter them each seperately.

0 Avaliação positiva