Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

SHassamal
Participant

Creating a calculated field for workflows to measure difference or change in field

SOLVE

Hello, 

I am trying to create a field that would identity whether a score property has changed within a certain number of days and by how much the score has changed. Can you please let me know if that is possible or if you have a way to do it? 

Example: 

1. Today = Score = 20

2. Tomorrow = Score = 25 

New Field (ie. Score Change) = 5 

Ultimately the goal is to then trigger a workflow based on this change. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Creating a calculated field for workflows to measure difference or change in field

SOLVE

Hi @SHassamal,

If the number of days is always the same, then yes, this can by done. The following steps should work:

1. Create a number property 'Score (delayed by one day)'
  2. Create a workflow that enrolls records whenever the score changes, then waits a day, then copies the value into the property from step 1
  3. Create a calculation property to calculate the difference between 'Score' and 'Score (delayed by one day)'
  4. Create a workflow that enrolls records when this difference is less than -5 or greater than 5.

If the number of days is flexible, this would require custom code and the help of a developer. As far as I know, it can't be done out of the box.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SHassamal,

If the number of days is always the same, then yes, this can by done. The following steps should work:

1. Create a number property 'Score (delayed by one day)'
  2. Create a workflow that enrolls records whenever the score changes, then waits a day, then copies the value into the property from step 1
  3. Create a calculation property to calculate the difference between 'Score' and 'Score (delayed by one day)'
  4. Create a workflow that enrolls records when this difference is less than -5 or greater than 5.

If the number of days is flexible, this would require custom code and the help of a developer. As far as I know, it can't be done out of the box.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

SHassamal
Participant

SOLVE

Okay thanks Karsten, I will try it out and keep you posted. 

0 Upvotes