Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

YGalan
Participant

Creating a Workflow for Associating Calls to Contacts and Companies

SOLVE

Hi,

I would like to set up a workflow that creates a task for myself whenever a new Zoom call gets logged, but I'm not sure which triggers to use. Any suggestions?

PS: We need this workflow because when we use a direct Zoom link, our associations on the call are left blank (company and contact). If there a solution to automatically updating associations without calling directly from Hubspot, maybe we wouldn't need the workflow.

Thank you!

2 Accepted solutions
ChristinaKay
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE
Hi! Are you using the phone icon on the contact record via HubSpot or calling from the zoom phone app? If you call via the phone icon on the contact record it should do that for you automatically based on the contact being associated to a company (so the call will be associated to the contact and company). With that being said, you would/the sales rep would add their Zoom Phone number to their phone number area in settings within HubSpot. I would normally show you all of this on a step by step Loom video but I’m on PTO and without my computer or I totally would— I’m sorry!

So, if properly set up, the team would use that to call out on (not just adding the number but connecting Zoom and HubSpot with the soft keys, etc).

If they use a cell phone, I would recommend enabling caller ID so that when they call they know which contact is calling their Zoom Phone number (if the two are connected). You do that in your phone settings. Steps for caller ID: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/mobile/enable-caller-id-in-the-hubspot-mobile-app

I know this can be confusing so if you want, I can jump on a call with you next week and walk you through this!
You can book time with me if you need 🙂 https://learn.resellerratings.com/meetings/christina-kay

View solution in original post

Jonno_Price
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

@YGalan - definitely better to use the method Christina outlined going forward to ensure auto association and logging.

For the old bookings/meetings - are these Zoom calls being manually logged by the sales rep? 

You could perhaps use the Activity properties as enrolment in the workflow. E.g. if there is a descriptor in the call title or notes: 

Screenshot 2021-09-27 at 10.44.42.png

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.
Platinum Hubspot Solutions Partner

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Jonno_Price
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

@YGalan - definitely better to use the method Christina outlined going forward to ensure auto association and logging.

For the old bookings/meetings - are these Zoom calls being manually logged by the sales rep? 

You could perhaps use the Activity properties as enrolment in the workflow. E.g. if there is a descriptor in the call title or notes: 

Screenshot 2021-09-27 at 10.44.42.png

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.
Platinum Hubspot Solutions Partner

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

YGalan
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Christina,

Thanks for getting back to me! Yep, we already use the call function on Hubspot and it's been associating the contacts perfectly. We'll be using the feature moving forwards!

However, because we are only new to Hubspot, we have old bookings/meetings that were set up with an old process (which was to send our Zoom link manually). I'm hoping for these meetings, I would be able to set up an alert or task for myself to manually associate the recorded Zoom calls with empty contact/company fields 🙂

ChristinaKay
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE
Hi! Are you using the phone icon on the contact record via HubSpot or calling from the zoom phone app? If you call via the phone icon on the contact record it should do that for you automatically based on the contact being associated to a company (so the call will be associated to the contact and company). With that being said, you would/the sales rep would add their Zoom Phone number to their phone number area in settings within HubSpot. I would normally show you all of this on a step by step Loom video but I’m on PTO and without my computer or I totally would— I’m sorry!

So, if properly set up, the team would use that to call out on (not just adding the number but connecting Zoom and HubSpot with the soft keys, etc).

If they use a cell phone, I would recommend enabling caller ID so that when they call they know which contact is calling their Zoom Phone number (if the two are connected). You do that in your phone settings. Steps for caller ID: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/mobile/enable-caller-id-in-the-hubspot-mobile-app

I know this can be confusing so if you want, I can jump on a call with you next week and walk you through this!
You can book time with me if you need 🙂 https://learn.resellerratings.com/meetings/christina-kay

ChristinaKay
Top Contributor

SOLVE
I meant when a contact calls them, they know who is calling them (on a cell phone) 🙂
0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @YGalan,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I wanted to tag a couple of subject matter experts to see if they have any suggestions:

Hi @Phil_Vallender@Jonno_Price@Dan1@ChristinaKay, do you maybe have any tips for @YGalan?

Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team    

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings