Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

sarajschonfeld
Participant

Creating Sales Notifications

SOLVE

I want to make a workflow notifying my sales people (who use Salesforce CRM, not HubSpot) when their contacts have activity. This ideally would include:

• When they fill out a form
  • When they visit our website
  • When they open/click a marketing email

In addition to this I'd like them to be notified of which form/asset/page. I'd like to notify them via slack. I remember this being functionality in Marketo so I feel like it needs to exist here! 

I'm able to create hte workflow for form submission and web page...but that's it. Some of the limitations are that certain triggers aren't allowed with re-enrollment and that would need to happen. Any ideas?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

List memberships can be used for re-enrollment. Just make sure to set a timeframe on events that happen so that someone ends up on the list again and removed when they are off.  However, I will caution this that approch can lead to a case for TMI. In larger target accounts, opens and clicks by bots or spam filters can be a problem and cause where you report on too many opens or inaccurate clicks.

I bring this up because in the default Salesforce integration, there is a way to push email clicks, opens, and form completions as activities in Salesfore and from experience, this causes more noise and harm than benefit to the sales team. I would typically only bring in form submissions as they tend to be a sign of real engagement, and then surface that via the Salesforce home screen with a report of how recent conversions by a contact to that AE.  

View solution in original post

LaurenRyan
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@sarajschonfeld This can be easily managed via Workflows!

Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 2.00.08 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 2.01.19 PM.png

You can then send a Slack notification with the merge tags for Recent Conversion or Last Page Seen. 

For Marketing email open/click - you can sync this over using the Activity sync. But, as @Ben_M shared - this typically clutters up the task feed for Sales Reps and does more harm than good.

Another option is the have your Sales team login with a Free Marketing Hub license & enable notifications. This can help them easily get real-time notifications for key events on Contacts they own.

Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 2.05.03 PM.png

For more insights on how to best use the HubSpot Salesforce integration - enroll in our free HubSpot Salesforce integration course here. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
LaurenRyan
Solution

SOLVE

@sarajschonfeld This can be easily managed via Workflows!

Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 2.00.08 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 2.01.19 PM.png

You can then send a Slack notification with the merge tags for Recent Conversion or Last Page Seen. 

For Marketing email open/click - you can sync this over using the Activity sync. But, as @Ben_M shared - this typically clutters up the task feed for Sales Reps and does more harm than good.

Another option is the have your Sales team login with a Free Marketing Hub license & enable notifications. This can help them easily get real-time notifications for key events on Contacts they own.

Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 2.05.03 PM.png

For more insights on how to best use the HubSpot Salesforce integration - enroll in our free HubSpot Salesforce integration course here. 🙂

Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

List memberships can be used for re-enrollment. Just make sure to set a timeframe on events that happen so that someone ends up on the list again and removed when they are off.  However, I will caution this that approch can lead to a case for TMI. In larger target accounts, opens and clicks by bots or spam filters can be a problem and cause where you report on too many opens or inaccurate clicks.

I bring this up because in the default Salesforce integration, there is a way to push email clicks, opens, and form completions as activities in Salesfore and from experience, this causes more noise and harm than benefit to the sales team. I would typically only bring in form submissions as they tend to be a sign of real engagement, and then surface that via the Salesforce home screen with a report of how recent conversions by a contact to that AE.  

sarajschonfeld
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks, Ben!

0 Upvotes