Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Jason_Elias

Creating Mailing (not email) List?

SOLVE

Hi all!

I have a contacts list which includes physical adresses and wanted to send printed mailers to some of my contacts.

Is there a way to create and export a Mailing List from my contacts?

Thanks in advance!

-jason

1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Jason_Elias,

Yes, there would be several ways to accomplish this.

First, you would need to identify a way to choose which recipients you'll include. That might be an active list, static list, or by using filters on the contacts screen.

Next, you'll want to use the contacts screen to view these contacts either through a list membership filter or the specific criteria filter.

Next, you'll change the columns that are displaying to show Contact Name, Address 1, Address 2, City, State, Zip.

Finally, you'll  click the "options" dropdown (near the filters) and choose export. For this, you'll want to export to include only properties in columns and export as a csv or xlxs. You can then use a mail merge to print out your mailing labels.

I hope that helps!

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Jason_Elias,

Yes, there would be several ways to accomplish this.

First, you would need to identify a way to choose which recipients you'll include. That might be an active list, static list, or by using filters on the contacts screen.

Next, you'll want to use the contacts screen to view these contacts either through a list membership filter or the specific criteria filter.

Next, you'll change the columns that are displaying to show Contact Name, Address 1, Address 2, City, State, Zip.

Finally, you'll  click the "options" dropdown (near the filters) and choose export. For this, you'll want to export to include only properties in columns and export as a csv or xlxs. You can then use a mail merge to print out your mailing labels.

I hope that helps!

Josh

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

CSaling
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Josh,

I need to create a list of company addresses that don't yet have a contact or email address so that I can send a post card.  The postalitics app/integration requires this.  Otherwise they only give you a list of contacts.  In my case that is only 100 of 1100 companies and I don't really want to send postcards if I already know who the decision maker is.

0 Upvotes
Leif_23
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @Josh ,

thanks for this comprehensive answer! It helps a lot. 

What I wonder in addition is the actual tracking of these offline activities? Is there a way to track these easily in Hubspot contacts?

Thank you so much!

Leif

0 Upvotes
Josh

SOLVE

@Leif_23,

The actual tracking of the offline activities will need to be done manually by the sales team. That takes setting expectations, training, and then follow through.  Don't let them fall back into "bad" habits. 

Josh Curcio

PaddyCi

SOLVE

Hi,

Thanks as well for this, it's what I was looking for.

Something else that I'm looking for help with is that I imported companies with mailing address but then individual contacts for those companies don't have an associated address.

If there a way that if the physical address field is empty for contacts then it will pull it from the company details?

Paddy

0 Upvotes
Jason_Elias

SOLVE

That worekd!

You rock!

Thank you.

-jason