Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

dmcclure9

Create timing in workflows that involves mailing or setup/travel time

SOLVE

Our company has an email workflow that provides information for a FREE sample, FREE 30-day trial, then ask for a quote. Is it better to have each task as a different workflow or one long workflow? Since it is a strict 30-day trial and setup time is required to put trial in place, the timing or start date of trial is different at each facility. So adding delays between each task is tough. We need a trigger to add when the Free Sample is sent and when the Free Trial begins. Can we automate that somehow or do we do it manually? 

My thought, at each task we end the workflow and create a task that tells us to increase the lifecycle stage. That would then trigger the start date and move the customer to the next workflow. Is this the best way to set up? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
cbsembler
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hello @dmcclure9

If you have a date that is set or property filled out for 'Free Sample is sent' then you could set up three workflows here that trigger off one another. 

For example, when they sign-up for the free sample you would send that information through the first workflow. Whenever the free sample is sent that would trigger the start of the second workflow where you would be able to process the 30 day trial with delays and the actions you wish to add there. 

Then lastly, when the trial is over you can set that as the trigger for the last workflow that nurtures them towards asking for a quote. 

You can set the lifecycle stage as well for each of these three stages and have that be your trigger. 

Let me know if I can help outline or map this out further. 

Thank you, 

Courtney Sembler 

Inbound Professor 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
cbsembler
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hello @dmcclure9

If you have a date that is set or property filled out for 'Free Sample is sent' then you could set up three workflows here that trigger off one another. 

For example, when they sign-up for the free sample you would send that information through the first workflow. Whenever the free sample is sent that would trigger the start of the second workflow where you would be able to process the 30 day trial with delays and the actions you wish to add there. 

Then lastly, when the trial is over you can set that as the trigger for the last workflow that nurtures them towards asking for a quote. 

You can set the lifecycle stage as well for each of these three stages and have that be your trigger. 

Let me know if I can help outline or map this out further. 

Thank you, 

Courtney Sembler 

Inbound Professor 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy
0 Upvotes
dmcclure9

SOLVE

Awesome! That helps a lot. 

My plan is to create the seperate workflows that end in a "to-do" which tells us for example to "mail sample then change lifecycle stage"...once lifecycle stage is increased it automatically goes to the next workflow. 

I will proceed unless there is a better way to automate things. With our inconsistent delay times when mailing samples or setting up a trial, I don't believe we can ever be fully automated. But, we will be close and setting lifecycle stages is a very easy process.

0 Upvotes
cbsembler
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

@dmcclure9

Once you get it set-up I am happy to take a look if you want to provide the link or screenshot as well. 

Thanks, 

Courtney Sembler 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy
0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @dmcclure9 would you be able to share a screenshot of the workflow to help the Community visualize? @cbsembler@KatieSchieder - what would you advise, one big workflow or separate flows? Let @dmcclure9 if any further information is required to help  the discussion 🙂

0 Upvotes