Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

SHavrysh

Create new deals even if contact already existing

SOLVE

Hi there.

My question is regarding workflows: is it possible to get new deals created for already existing contacts?

Up until now, when a new contact submits a form on our website, a new deal is created. But if the same contact submits another form, the new deal is not created, but simply goes under the same contact.

This is a problem for us. If for example a lead fills out their interest for product A, sales representative A contacts the lead; if the lead submits interest for product B, sales rep B cotacts the lead. If a lead submits the form in 2 separate instances, one with interest for product A and one with interest for product B, we'd like both sales rep A and B to contact the lead. In other words, we'd like to get 2 deals created, so both our sales reps are aware of the lead.

Is this possible?

Warm regards

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SHavrysh,

This is hard to troubleshoot from the outside and it seems like there are more things at play. This could be due to the fact that records are still enrolled while you're make the next submission, for example, or re-enrollment setting, other workflows etc.

Since you have a paid subscription, I'd recommend reaching out to HubSpot support via the purple in-app help widget.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SHavrysh,

Could you specify what this means?

if the same contact submits another form, the new deal is not created, but simply goes under the same contact.

I'm asking because this shouldn't be possible. Currently, form submissions in HubSpot cannot update a deal associated to the contact who submits the form. Are you referring to the form submission updating the contact record?

In general, it sounds like you have a contact-based workflow which has an action that creates a new deal record. It is probably triggered by a form submission. If you want this workflow to re-trigger for subsequent form submissions, click into the enrollment triggers. The sidebar on the right should open and you should see a re-enrollment tab. In that tab, you can select that a contact should re-enter the workflow when they submit the form again.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

SHavrysh

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

thank you so much for your reply.

SHavrysh_1-1655272312804.png

So, the workflow is triggered when a person fills a form. Depending on the suburb of interest they choose, an IF/THEN Statement sets the property value "contact owner". If for example the suburb chosen is Mascot, Mark is set as contact owner; it the suburb chosen is Redfern, Luke is set as contact owner.

All of the above go to a "create a record" through "go to action" branches. This "create a record" says:

"Create a Deal, using token First Name, taken Last Name - Suburb, and assign it to contact owner"

Then the workflow continues with emails etc. But something happens in the process above, that denies different deals to show up even though they are connected to the same contact.

Moreover, another strange thing is that if the same contact submits for example 5 different forms (where the only difference in each form is the suburb selected), this happens: 

1st submission) the contact is created and associated to 1 deal

2nd submission) the contact's suburb is updated, the contact owner is not updated, and no new deal is created

3rd submission) 2nd submission) the contact's suburb is updated, the contact owner is not updated, and no new deal is created

4th submission) same as 2 and 3

5th submission) same as 2,3 and 4

Basically only 1 deal associated to the contact, and if you fill out the form many many times, the only thing that happens is that the contact's suburb gets updated to the suburb chosen in the last form submitted.

I hope this explanation is not messy

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SHavrysh,

This is hard to troubleshoot from the outside and it seems like there are more things at play. This could be due to the fact that records are still enrolled while you're make the next submission, for example, or re-enrollment setting, other workflows etc.

Since you have a paid subscription, I'd recommend reaching out to HubSpot support via the purple in-app help widget.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
SHavrysh

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

thank you so much for your prompt support. All the best.

Warm regards

0 Upvotes