Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Tillischote

Create list without counting instances (companies) based on associated contacts more than 1 time

SOLVE

Hi all,

I would like to set up a market / customer base overview. This contains following info:

• Company name
  • Market (e.g. Retail)
  • Country (e.g. Germany)
  • Lifecycle Stage (only MQL, SQL, Customer)

The list shall give me all company names where I have min. 1 associated contacts. That means for our business, we are in contact with that target.

My problem: If I set up the list like this, the list contains and counts every contact --> but if I have 1 company and more then 1 (e.g. 4) associated contacts to this specific company, the list has a size of 4 lines. But I would like to have just 1 line.

Do you have any filter idea, how I can exclude duplicate companies from this list?

Thanks in advance,

Tillischote

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

Create list without counting instances (companies) based on associated contacts more than 1 time

SOLVE

We think we understand, but you keep using the term 'list' (which specifically refers to the HubSpot List tool). As a contact-centric CRM, HubSpot's List tool lists CONTACTS not companies (by design). That's how it works.

If you need to list Companies, you'll need to use the Company View Filter -- see previous thread for example.

So, to filter your COMPANIES based on the number of associated contacts (>0) ...

- see image

HubSpot Company View FilterHubSpot Company View Filter

It will naturally only show each company once (by default) no matter how many associated contacts. You may add additional limiting criteria as you see fit -- e.g., Country, Market, Lifecycle Stage, etc.

Hope that helps.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Author, the Perfect HubSpot Series

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

We think we understand, but you keep using the term 'list' (which specifically refers to the HubSpot List tool). As a contact-centric CRM, HubSpot's List tool lists CONTACTS not companies (by design). That's how it works.

If you need to list Companies, you'll need to use the Company View Filter -- see previous thread for example.

So, to filter your COMPANIES based on the number of associated contacts (>0) ...

- see image

HubSpot Company View FilterHubSpot Company View Filter

It will naturally only show each company once (by default) no matter how many associated contacts. You may add additional limiting criteria as you see fit -- e.g., Country, Market, Lifecycle Stage, etc.

Hope that helps.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Author, the Perfect HubSpot Series

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes