Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

GRF

Create list of all contacts born in a give month

SOLVE

I want to select contacts with June Birthdays for all Years;  using a list criteria Property "Birthday" greater than 06/01 and less than 06/30, the software forces the year 2018 into the criteria, i.e., 06/01/2018.

Is there a way to get all contacts with a Birthday equal to a certain period of days, short of importing a specially formatted Month/Day field?

1 Accepted solution
GRF
Solution

SOLVE

Aakar suggested exporting all to .xls, using excel to transfer mo and day to separate fields, creating new properties for mo and day in hubspot, and importing the 'massaged' data back in.

Would work.  Good thinking.

Does not identify a facility within Hubspot, which I hoped for.

Puts the heavy lifting on the User and outside technology.

Still, Thanks Aakar

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Jung_Yueh_Lien
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

it has been  years since this QA be raised up
lots of time i am wondering if leaving QA here for HS help is a waste of time 
no matter the need here could be solved easily or not by HS

you may take years waiting the result
life is short , business fight for survival every moment , so now i believe just move on to find another solution without HS would be best way  

best wish to all 

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @Jung_Yueh_Lien, thank you for your feedback! 

I would highly recommend you please post this idea at our ideas forum (here).

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

GRF
Solution

SOLVE

Aakar suggested exporting all to .xls, using excel to transfer mo and day to separate fields, creating new properties for mo and day in hubspot, and importing the 'massaged' data back in.

Would work.  Good thinking.

Does not identify a facility within Hubspot, which I hoped for.

Puts the heavy lifting on the User and outside technology.

Still, Thanks Aakar

chriswall
Participant

SOLVE

Agreed! This seems strange as the data is there and feel really limits the date data field. The solution of having to extract and create another custom field also adds a lot of unneeded complexity.

I have several custom fields that are using a date field that I would like to do some form or reporting or workflow with. 

0 Upvotes
Aakar
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @GRF

I don't know how you have stored your data or what are the limitations of your platform. 

If possible, I would suggest creating a new contact property called 'birthday_month' on HubSpot, and upload the contacts birthday month in HubSpot or ask people to fill up the form (use name of the months as a drop-down) that has 'birthday_month'. 

If you already have a birthday in this format '06/01/2018', I would suggest using spreadsheet/excel and convert/format it into the readable form, and store these data in 'birthday_date', 'birthday_month', 'birthday_year' on HubSpot. (You need to create these contact properties first on HubSpot. And then format your data in csv, xls and upload it to HubSpot)

Next, create a list, the condition would be something like this:  "contact birthday_month is Jan", it lists the people who are born in January. You can do the same for all months.

And if you want to send an automatic reminder or happy birthday messages, you can create a Workflow and use if/then condition, create email, set date and relax. 🙂 

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost
0 Upvotes
eduff

SOLVE

Hi Aakar, 

This is a great solution! Loved this idea and implemented. Do you have any creative ideas for building automation into this process vs exporting and importing? The excel is a great solution for a big batch but thinking through how to implement this via a workflow so the data is automatically mapped based on the Birthday date picker property we have.

The only thing I can think of is creating a workflow with the enrollment critera saying..... If birthday is between Jan, 1, 1990 to Jan 31, 1990 set property for Birthday Month - January for every single possible birthday that exists but that will take so long!! 

Any ideas? Any thoughts greatly appreciated!! 

0 Upvotes
ders

SOLVE

I have been waiting for years for this to get implemented. I send out birthday cards to clients every few weeks. It is an absolute admin PAIN every time since we're always adding and removing contacts. Why can't Hubspot just know that people want to sort by BIRTHDAY and NOT by AGE?!? Especially since Hubspot has that default birthday field, they COULD code something into it to let the user "check" whether they want to sort chronologically (age) or by month date (birthday). Insane I can just sort and scroll to July and see that 5 people I need to send cards to this week, for example. Instead I have to export to Excel, mix around columns, sort and 20 minutes later... EVERY TIME! Need a better solution.