Create list of all contacts born in a give month

SOLVE
GRF

I want to select contacts with June Birthdays for all Years;  using a list criteria Property "Birthday" greater than 06/01 and less than 06/30, the software forces the year 2018 into the criteria, i.e., 06/01/2018.

Is there a way to get all contacts with a Birthday equal to a certain period of days, short of importing a specially formatted Month/Day field?

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
GRF
Solution

Aakar suggested exporting all to .xls, using excel to transfer mo and day to separate fields, creating new properties for mo and day in hubspot, and importing the 'massaged' data back in.

Would work.  Good thinking.

Does not identify a facility within Hubspot, which I hoped for.

Puts the heavy lifting on the User and outside technology.

Still, Thanks Aakar

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Aakar
Key Advisor

Hi @GRF

I don't know how you have stored your data or what are the limitations of your platform. 

If possible, I would suggest creating a new contact property called 'birthday_month' on HubSpot, and upload the contacts birthday month in HubSpot or ask people to fill up the form (use name of the months as a drop-down) that has 'birthday_month'. 

If you already have a birthday in this format '06/01/2018', I would suggest using spreadsheet/excel and convert/format it into the readable form, and store these data in 'birthday_date', 'birthday_month', 'birthday_year' on HubSpot. (You need to create these contact properties first on HubSpot. And then format your data in csv, xls and upload it to HubSpot)

Next, create a list, the condition would be something like this:  "contact birthday_month is Jan", it lists the people who are born in January. You can do the same for all months.

And if you want to send an automatic reminder or happy birthday messages, you can create a Workflow and use if/then condition, create email, set date and relax. 🙂 

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost
0 Upvotes
GRF
Solution

Aakar suggested exporting all to .xls, using excel to transfer mo and day to separate fields, creating new properties for mo and day in hubspot, and importing the 'massaged' data back in.

Would work.  Good thinking.

Does not identify a facility within Hubspot, which I hoped for.

Puts the heavy lifting on the User and outside technology.

Still, Thanks Aakar

View solution in original post

chriswall
Participant

Agreed! This seems strange as the data is there and feel really limits the date data field. The solution of having to extract and create another custom field also adds a lot of unneeded complexity.

I have several custom fields that are using a date field that I would like to do some form or reporting or workflow with. 

0 Upvotes