Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Create list from contact properties

SOLVE
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi everyone, 

I work for a higher education institution and I am trying to create a list based on properties within a contact.

Our contacts (students typically) have property fields for parent contact information. 

I was trying to take those parental contact properties and create a list out of them but I got stuck and, frankly, I don't know if there is a way to do that without uploading that contact information and making parents contacts themselves.  I can narrow a list to the students who have parent contact information (properties we have created) but I don't know how/if I can pull the contact properties of the parents, from the students to make a new list.

Since we need to get the email out quickly, I just uploaded a spreadsheet and added the parents as contacts but I would love to know if there was a solution to creating contacts/lists based on properties associated with contacts. 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Esteemed Contributor

What I've done in the past in this scenario, is make the individual the company record.  Then the parent is the Role field or Title field within the company.  I've done setups like this before using Salesforce as the CRM because they have an option to make individual's an account.  It may be possible to do this within Hubspot entirely, but you would have to have workflows setup to create companies from the students when they come in, and a workflow to identify who the parent is related to and assign them to the right student.

0 Upvotes
1 Reply
Esteemed Contributor

What I've done in the past in this scenario, is make the individual the company record.  Then the parent is the Role field or Title field within the company.  I've done setups like this before using Salesforce as the CRM because they have an option to make individual's an account.  It may be possible to do this within Hubspot entirely, but you would have to have workflows setup to create companies from the students when they come in, and a workflow to identify who the parent is related to and assign them to the right student.

0 Upvotes