Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

thomas25
Participant

Create a list of contacts based on an associated custom object

SOLVE

Hey,

Is it possible to make a list of contacts based on a custom object that is associated with contacts?

Thanks,

Thomas

2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @thomas25,

HubSpot has confirmed here that custom object properties can currently not be used as filters in active lists: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Ask-Me-Anything-Custom-Objects/m-p/376481/highlight/true#M12248...

Until the product team introduces this feature, you'd have to use your workaround.

I've updated my first post with this information, my apologies for the incorrect information.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @thomas25,

This was introduced with the May 2021 product updates: https://www.hubspot.com/product-updates/may-2021-hubspot-updates-in-less-time-than-a-coffee-break, see "Custom Object Filters in Lists". You should now see your custom object among the list filter families.

If this quick update was useful, you can help the community by marking it as a solution.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @thomas25,

This was introduced with the May 2021 product updates: https://www.hubspot.com/product-updates/may-2021-hubspot-updates-in-less-time-than-a-coffee-break, see "Custom Object Filters in Lists". You should now see your custom object among the list filter families.

If this quick update was useful, you can help the community by marking it as a solution.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler

LMendoza1

SOLVE

Hello @karstenkoehler ! I was reading your response but I can´t see the custom object filters listed yet in my environment... do you have any idea if I have to do something to get this updates? Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
GoNimbly

SOLVE

Did you ever get an answer to this? We are running into the same issue.

0 Upvotes
LMendoza1

SOLVE
Yes! It is on a beta version, I requested it via the online chat and they did the trick 🙂
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @thomas25,

Like other object properties (Deals, Products, Companies), you'd expect these properties of your custom object to show up as list filters. However HubSpot has confirmed here that this is currently not possible.

Once this is introduced, you would filter for "At least one associated [object] has Create date is known" to get a list of all contacts that are associated with an object of that type.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
thomas25
Participant

SOLVE

Hey Karsten,

Thanks for answering my question. For some reason, my custom object does not show up as an option in the filter type list. I know that there is a workaround using workflows (filter my contacts in a workflow based on a property of the custom object) as a filter type but this may overcomplicate things. 

I already managed to import customobjects and associate them with contacts so there does not seem to be anything wrong with the customobject or the association. 

Any thoughts on what goes wrong here?

Thanks!

Thomas 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @thomas25,

HubSpot has confirmed here that custom object properties can currently not be used as filters in active lists: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Ask-Me-Anything-Custom-Objects/m-p/376481/highlight/true#M12248...

Until the product team introduces this feature, you'd have to use your workaround.

I've updated my first post with this information, my apologies for the incorrect information.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

thomas25
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

Thanks for your response!

Kind regards

Thomas