Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

kaious
Colaborador líder

Create a company list based on a contact list

resolver

I have a list of contacts, and I'd like to build a list of companies who have a contact in that list.

I'm struggling to figure out a way to do this because in a company list or company based workflow, there's no way to trigger based on contact list membership, and conversely, on a contact-based workflow, there's no way to add the associated company to a list, as far as I know.

Anyone know of a way to achieve this other than exporting the contact list with company details or using a custom contact field to trigger a workflow instead of list membership? (this is likely to be something we want to do frequently and in a number of different scenarios, so I want to be able to do in a scalable and tidy way).

1 Soluciones aceptada
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @kaious,

A company-based workflow seems to be the correct approach here. You probably have to recreate the list filters in the enrollment criteria of a workflow. I've used Create date as an example filter:

karstenkoehler_0-1616651259645.png

If your list criteria contain filters for other lists then you'd run into the same issue again. The quickest solution would then probably be a new custom property. It's not a clean solution, but you could assign all contacts on that list a value in an existing or custom property. You would then enroll companies in the workflow above based on that contact property value.

(I might be missing an easier solution.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

2 Respuestas 2
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @kaious,

A company-based workflow seems to be the correct approach here. You probably have to recreate the list filters in the enrollment criteria of a workflow. I've used Create date as an example filter:

karstenkoehler_0-1616651259645.png

If your list criteria contain filters for other lists then you'd run into the same issue again. The quickest solution would then probably be a new custom property. It's not a clean solution, but you could assign all contacts on that list a value in an existing or custom property. You would then enroll companies in the workflow above based on that contact property value.

(I might be missing an easier solution.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

kaious
Colaborador líder

resolver

Thanks Karsten, yeah - I reached the same conclusion - added a custom contact field called "Run company workflow" which I set to the same name as the list, then use that as a trigger in the workflow.

I was kind of hoping, like you said, that I might have missed an easier solution, because it doesn't scale super well, but it works for now 🙂