Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

AEugene
Participant

Create a buyer's journey with a workflow

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if one of you could help me find a easy way to solve this because the only solution I have in mind is pretty time-consuming and not optimized.

I work at a company which is a Saas and we also have what we call "free tools" (5 free tools). The free tools were created to generate leads.

I would like to create a custom property "path" which will be describe the buyer journey of our Hubspot's contact into our environment (not only free tools but also blog,downloadable ...)  until they become buyer ( deal won or lifecycle stage customer)

I want it to look like this: path="Original Source;First Conversion;Second Conversion...;App"

For Example: path="Organic Search;Blog Page 1;Free Tool B;Free Tool A;App"

I can track all of the event thank to Sign Up Form submitted for the Free tools,Page View with the tracking... So the best solution would be to create this property based on the contact historical activity but I don't see how to do it in one workflow.

This custom property will be use for data reporting to know which path will be more likely to be follow by our buyers. If it can help to understand why I am doing this.

Thanks in advance for your help !

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
AEugene
Participant

Hi webdeb!

Thanks for your answer!

The buyers's journey you describe with your property lead status seems to be like a one way path. Whereas the one I'm looking for is initially the property path is automatically set to "Original Source" and then each time a contact interact with our environment (main app,free tools apps,download something,go to our event,...), the contact will be re-enroll in the workflow and path will be update with the value "<path>;interaction".

Also this technique works only for new contacts, I can't have the good path for contacts that are already created with this methods but I don't see how to solve this for non-new users.

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @AEugene ,

Let me give you an example of our system. In our system, we track our buyer's journey with the lead status of the contact.  So we have created a wf that look something like this: (I hope its visible to you)

webdew_2-1641969874899.png

webdew_3-1641969885933.png

So what you can do, is to create a "Buyer's Journey' property, update the property with the help of the wf (Original source, first conversion, etc), and then use this property in the reports. (This is what you a suggesting). Here I am unable to tell how to use the triggers and actions because as you are using some 'Free tools'
But hope my ans have given some solution.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards.