Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Njoyantoinette
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

Create a Workflow that sends a customized email, when you download a specific document.

SOLVE

Hello, dear community,

I would like to create a workflow in which every time someone downloads a document from our blog pages specifically (we have downloadable docs on other pages too), we send out an email. This email is customized to the blog page the download came from.

For example, someone reads a blog post about marketing. Then submits the form to download the info about marketing. He gets a thank you mail. What I want to express in a workflow is the mail that would follow three days after. The next email should contain an invitation to talk to a "marketing" expert or if the blogpost was about football, the email would contain an invite to talk to a "football" expert.

1) The "talk to an expert" mail must be customizable and the workflow should decide which mail should be sent, depending on what blogsite the download came from.

2) It's also important to know that the "talk to an expert mail" should only be sent once. If someone downloads two or more different blog documents then only the first download submission should be considered.

3) My solution was to create some type of property in which the fitting blog article would be selected and then send to the workflow. But this won't work the way I imagined because we create more than 24 blogs a year and I cant just extend the property dropdown menu for every single new blog.

Since this question is far too complex for an easy solution, it would be fine to just answer to one of the three points I made. Though the first and last points are significally more important.

Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Ian_Matt
Solution
Contributor

Create a Workflow that sends a customized email, when you download a specific document.

SOLVE

Hi @Njoyantoinette ,

Cool situation, I would be happy to offer a solution here.

There are a few different ways to do this but what I would suggest is:

1) Create a custom property 'Interest' with dropdown options; Marketing, Football, Sales, Tennis etc.

2) Add this as a hidden field on each of the download forms to set the 'Interest' property to the correct option
3) Create a list for each option (purely for next step)

4) Create a workflow for each option with it's own email and choose the other lists as suppression lists. (Or one workflow with a Smart content email based on list membership that sends the correct link).

A little bit complicated but let me know if you need any help setting it up and I'd be happy to discuss!

Ian Matthews

Freelance HubSpot Expert

ianjosephmatthews@gmail.com
ianmatthewsfreelance.com
Book A Chat Here

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Ian_Matt
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @Njoyantoinette ,

Cool situation, I would be happy to offer a solution here.

There are a few different ways to do this but what I would suggest is:

1) Create a custom property 'Interest' with dropdown options; Marketing, Football, Sales, Tennis etc.

2) Add this as a hidden field on each of the download forms to set the 'Interest' property to the correct option
3) Create a list for each option (purely for next step)

4) Create a workflow for each option with it's own email and choose the other lists as suppression lists. (Or one workflow with a Smart content email based on list membership that sends the correct link).

A little bit complicated but let me know if you need any help setting it up and I'd be happy to discuss!

Ian Matthews

Freelance HubSpot Expert

ianjosephmatthews@gmail.com
ianmatthewsfreelance.com
Book A Chat Here