Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Dan_W
Participant

Create Dynamic or Static List of Freemails

SOLVE

Is this easily doable? Right now it looks like I have to paste thousands of email domains into a list. 

I know forms allow us to block freemails, but a list would be helpful for embedded calendars where we don't have the option to block freemail. Or in the case of an automated qualification email if we do decide to accept freemails. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Dan_W,

Yes, this is doable!

First grab a list of domains that offer freemail, copy the list into Excel and create a second column filled with semicolons:

freemail.png

Now go ahead and create an active list in HubSpot and under Contact properties search for Email domain. You want to pick the option contains any of.

Next copy columns A and B from the Excel and paste it into the field, HubSpot should recognize this as separate values:

paste.png

You can now save and use the list.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Dan_W,

Yes, this is doable!

First grab a list of domains that offer freemail, copy the list into Excel and create a second column filled with semicolons:

freemail.png

Now go ahead and create an active list in HubSpot and under Contact properties search for Email domain. You want to pick the option contains any of.

Next copy columns A and B from the Excel and paste it into the field, HubSpot should recognize this as separate values:

paste.png

You can now save and use the list.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Dan_W
Participant

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler Legend. I was trying to use a formula in Excel =B1&", "&A2 - drag it to the bottom and then copy-paste all the domains separated by commas, which was not working. Thanks for the help, saved me a ton of time! 

I will say that using "email domain EQUALS" works better because "CONTAINS" left several non-freemail addresses in the list.