Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Stasi
Teilnehmer/-in

Course Enquiry/Registration

lösung

Hi,

I basically have a long list of training courses that my company offers and we get enquiries for them randomly and sometimes the same person enquires about more than one, so what I'd like to do is set up something that allows me to register their interest in a specific course topic and then be able to pull up that course topic and see who has registered their interest.

The thing I'm not sure about is how to set something like this up when someone can register for more than one event, so maybe in more than one list.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Regards

Stasi

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @Stasi,

This is one of core functionalities of HubSpot and fairly easy to set up. We'll need three things here: a HubSpot website form, a custom multi-select field in that form with your course options and active lists that collect everyone who has selected one of those options.

First, you'd create a custom property following these steps. The property should be of the type dropdown select and each option should correspond to your courses.

Next, you can adjust an existing form or create a new website form to include your new property. This article explains how to add form fields.

Lastly, you could create active lists for each field option. Let's say your property is called "Course selection" and your options are Course 1, Course 2 and Course 3; you would now create an active list filtering for all contacts where "Course selection is any of Course 1". After saving the list, you'd repeat the same for the other options.

New contacts will automatically go into these lists.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

3 Antworten
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @Stasi,

This is one of core functionalities of HubSpot and fairly easy to set up. We'll need three things here: a HubSpot website form, a custom multi-select field in that form with your course options and active lists that collect everyone who has selected one of those options.

First, you'd create a custom property following these steps. The property should be of the type dropdown select and each option should correspond to your courses.

Next, you can adjust an existing form or create a new website form to include your new property. This article explains how to add form fields.

Lastly, you could create active lists for each field option. Let's say your property is called "Course selection" and your options are Course 1, Course 2 and Course 3; you would now create an active list filtering for all contacts where "Course selection is any of Course 1". After saving the list, you'd repeat the same for the other options.

New contacts will automatically go into these lists.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Stasi
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung
Hi Thanks for the information on this topic,
Before diving into this I just want to understand whether I will require an active list for each course, where you say,

Do I need an active list for Course 1, Course 2 etc.?
The problem we will have if this is a requirement is that we have hundreds of courses and the basic paid plan only allows for 25 active lists?
Regards
Anastasis
0 Upvotes
webdew
Ratgeber/-in | Diamond Partner
Ratgeber/-in | Diamond Partner

lösung

Hi @Stasi ,

What you can do is, you can create a form on your website for the same purpose. In which a field will be there that asks about the interest of the lead. 

The property being used in the form needs to be multi-checkbox type so that if someone wants to choose more than one option he/she can choose that. 

By this, you have information about an individual person regarding their interests. Be it one course or more than one course.

Then you can create active lists that either show the contacts having an interest in one course or in multiple. These ways you can segregate your leads by courses.

Hope this helps!
If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards.

0 Upvotes