Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

FSabatini

Copying a contact property to a diferent second contact with the same property

SOLVE

Hey guys, 

There is a way to put up a workflow that copy a contact property and store it in a totally diferent contact with the same property?

what I mean is: I have a contact called Peter and Peter has a property called Candys with a value of 30, is there a way to workflow my way into copy those 30 Candys into Jhon's Candy property?

Thank you.

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @FSabatini,

Out of the box this is not possible, unfortunately. Contact-based workflows treat contact records one by one and will not make changes to other records than the one enrolled. This behavior is very fundamental to HubSpot and unlikely to change.

Potentially this could be done with custom code actions in HubSpot workflows, requiring Operations Hub Professional or Enterprise. This code allows for more flexibility but have to be... custom coded by a developer.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
PrasenjitDas
Participant

SOLVE

0 Upvotes
DaviCamas
Contributor

SOLVE

would be amazing to have this functionality. Operations Hub is too expensive and still needs one dev to use it better. Is easier to make one dev use the API to search and change the other contact.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @FSabatini,

Out of the box this is not possible, unfortunately. Contact-based workflows treat contact records one by one and will not make changes to other records than the one enrolled. This behavior is very fundamental to HubSpot and unlikely to change.

Potentially this could be done with custom code actions in HubSpot workflows, requiring Operations Hub Professional or Enterprise. This code allows for more flexibility but have to be... custom coded by a developer.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

FSabatini

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler thanks for your answer!

Cheers

0 Upvotes