Copy "Last Meeting Booked" date to a custom date property?

spogue
Top Contributor

We use the Meetings sales tool quite a bit. What I'm trying to do is copy the date from that property (Last Meeting Booked) to a custom date property. "Last Meeting Booked" is a Hubspot property and is unable to be copied. I attempted Zapier but I'm a newbie at it and I couldn't really get the copy function right. Anyone from the community do something similar with a Hubspot date field? Thanks!

7 Replies 7
edjusten
HubSpot Employee

Hi @spogue  You  can use the workflow tool to copy the value from Last Meeting Booked to another contact property. Keep in mind however that the value is stored as single-line text and not a date value.  

The attached screenshot shows the Last Meeting Booked property selected in the workflow tool. 

If this isn't what you were looking for, could you provide a bit more context on your goals? I'll do my best to advise you further. 

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 11.42.11 AM.png

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
spogue
Top Contributor

As I stated in my original question, I want to copy it to a custom date property but not being able to do that is quite frustrating. I do know I can copy to a regular property, but its pretty useless because its a date. 

Do you have a suggestion for a workaround?

0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee

Hi @spogue Apologies I misunderstood the question, and thanks for the clarification. As it turns out, the nature of the underlying code does not permit the property from being pasted into a datepicker or datetime field. Find out more here.  

No workarounds at this time, though I'm tagging a couple of our partners for a further look. @Phil_Vallender or @TheGilldog Any ideas here? 

Finally, can you add this suggestion as a post to our ideas forum for further comment?

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
spogue
Top Contributor

Thanks. I'm aware of the veil Hubspot puts over the default properties like this. Its a real problem because the reason I need to work around the coding is because the reporting on Meetings (or any other veiled property for that matter) is severely lacking. 

edjusten
HubSpot Employee

Hi @spogue  We do currently have a limited beta that allows users to build list segments based on activities (HubSpot defines activities as meetings, live chat, tasks, notes, one-to-one emails, and phone calls). You can then use those lists as filters in the reporting add-on. This may open up meetings reporting a bit for you. I expect the feature to go live later this summer. 

Thank you,

Ed Justen 

phcaleb
Participant

Came here hoping for a solution. 2.5 years later and still an issue for businesses trying to run analytics on sales meetings...smh

Kmerel44

What about timezones? I can not follow the identical good judgment if my webinar for online tutoring takes location in a unique time area, not similar to the account. Right? What is the solution for that?

0 Upvotes