Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

RAragon

Convert Lead Owner When Calendar Appointment is Made

SOLVE

This seems a really straightforward request to me though we are struggling with this problem in our current org. Each individual sales rep has an individual calendar. If an appointment is set on the individual calendar, we would like for the system to convert the Contact record that is related to the appointment into the name of the person who is the Calendar owner. 

I have two theoretical solutions to this problem but I do not know the full backend of Hubspot well enough to know if it is possible to build these out. Does anyone know if this is possible and/or if either of my solutions is viable?:

- Can you trigger Workflow Rules in Hubspot based on a calendar activity? If so, could just set a Workflow to trigger every time a Contact books an appointment to assign the Contact record to that AE.

- The reverse could also work. If they book time on an AE's calendar like this, does that stamp the "Demo Scheduled Date" in Hubspot? If it does, it could just be built into that existing round robin rule to first check if "Demo Scheduled Date" is blank and only fire if it is.
1 Accepted solution
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RAragon. Since Meetings Links come with forms embedded in them, yes it's possible. I would start with the enrollment trigger of Form Submission

Set enrollment trigger based on the meeting form for the sales rep:

danmoyle_0-1634126507284.png

Then you can Rotate record to owner:

danmoyle_1-1634126650688.png

Then you choose the meeting link owner:

danmoyle_2-1634126711342.png

You can then clone this workflow and change the meetings links and owners as appropriate. 

I was working through how to do this in one workflow for all the reps, but if we're basing it on the reps meetings link, I believe it's best done in each workflow separately. 

Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RAragon ,

Yes you can achieve this with the help of workflow
1. Go to workflows 

1. create contact based workflow 
  2. choose ‘form submission’ as enrollment trigger and type meeting link and then select the meeting link of the sales rep for whom you want to create the workflow for

4. Then add another action for set property ‘contact owner’ as the name of sales rep.

You have to make this workflow for all your reps !
Here’s a screenshot for more understanding
https://prnt.sc/1vync98

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Upvotes
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @RAragon. Since Meetings Links come with forms embedded in them, yes it's possible. I would start with the enrollment trigger of Form Submission

Set enrollment trigger based on the meeting form for the sales rep:

danmoyle_0-1634126507284.png

Then you can Rotate record to owner:

danmoyle_1-1634126650688.png

Then you choose the meeting link owner:

danmoyle_2-1634126711342.png

You can then clone this workflow and change the meetings links and owners as appropriate. 

I was working through how to do this in one workflow for all the reps, but if we're basing it on the reps meetings link, I believe it's best done in each workflow separately. 

Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @RAragon 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @Bruno_Teixeira @HubDoPete @danmoyle do you have any thoughts for @RAragon on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes