Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

PercheronSMS
Participant

Continuous Workflow

SOLVE

I'm currently working on a workflow for deal owners to receive an email notification if their deal has a past due close date of 120 days or more. The goal is to have the workflow send out the email notifications every 30 days if it triggers the conditions. Still, it seems like I have to keep copying and pasting the same 30-day delay after each email notification for it to trigger again. Any help or suggestions on how to make my workflow run continuously every 30 days?

FYI - I did turn on re-enrollment for it, but not sure if that did anything?

Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Continuous Workflow

SOLVE

Hi @PercheronSMS,

You need a second workflow as a helping hand here – and an additional property, which I called 30 day re-enrollment trigger.

Let's have a look at the first workflow. This one checks for the close date and sends the notification.

karstenkoehler_0-1627272954788.png

Enrollment triggers:

karstenkoehler_1-1627272974327.png

The second workflow would look like this. It waits for the first workflow to set 30 day re-enrollment trigger to "Yes", clears the property, waits 30 days and then sets it to "Yes" again – which will make the deal re-enroll in the first workflow (see second group of enrollment criteria in first workflow).

karstenkoehler_2-1627272993995.png

Enrollment triggers:

karstenkoehler_3-1627273019166.png

Let me know if you have any questions about the workflow logic here, it's important that you understand what this is doing (otherwise it could do a lot of "damage" to your records). Essentially, these two workflows are always clearing and filling the new property, handing a deal record to each other again and again and again.

I haven't tested this, I'd recommend you do, ideally in a test environment. HubSpot didn't show a warning about a loop when I switched these workflows on. For some records, this workflow would in theory execute until eternity.

By the way, other users have asked for looping workflows in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The feature is currently in planning.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
PercheronSMS
Participant

Continuous Workflow

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler - good deal! Thanks for the help. The workflow is getting turned on this week, so fingers crossed all goes smoothly.

Thanks again!

- Morgan

PercheronSMS
Participant

Continuous Workflow

SOLVE

Awesome - thanks so much, @karstenkoehler, for your help!

This may be a dumb question, but with the new 30-day re-enrollment trigger property, do I need to update the property to Yes before turning on the workflow in order for it to work? I'm using the test feature and in order for the second workflow to work, I had to update the property so it triggered.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Continuous Workflow

SOLVE

Hi @PercheronSMS,

Not a stupid question at all. You can't really just test one of the workflows, they work in conjunction. The first one sets the property to "Yes" at the end, then the second workflows notices that, clears the property, and re-sets it to "Yes", then the first workflow notices that, clears the property, and re-sets it to... and so on.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

PercheronSMS
Participant

Continuous Workflow

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler ,

Thank you so much for the information! As you have shown, I have set up the workflows but still new to workflows in HubSpot; I would like a little more detail on how it all works.

One thing I would want to make sure I set up correctly was the addition of the new property, the 30-day re-enrollment trigger. Along with the Close date is more than 120 days ago trigger, I have also added specific deal stages I want it to trigger because I only need "active" deals - not ones we have "closed," and not sure if that matters with what you created above.

I will look into the test environment to test everything out. Fingers crossed it works!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Continuous Workflow

SOLVE

Hi @PercheronSMS,

Limiting this workflow to deals in certain deal stages doesn't affect the overall functionality, you should be good. Let me know if you run into any issues!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Continuous Workflow

SOLVE

Hi @PercheronSMS,

You need a second workflow as a helping hand here – and an additional property, which I called 30 day re-enrollment trigger.

Let's have a look at the first workflow. This one checks for the close date and sends the notification.

karstenkoehler_0-1627272954788.png

Enrollment triggers:

karstenkoehler_1-1627272974327.png

The second workflow would look like this. It waits for the first workflow to set 30 day re-enrollment trigger to "Yes", clears the property, waits 30 days and then sets it to "Yes" again – which will make the deal re-enroll in the first workflow (see second group of enrollment criteria in first workflow).

karstenkoehler_2-1627272993995.png

Enrollment triggers:

karstenkoehler_3-1627273019166.png

Let me know if you have any questions about the workflow logic here, it's important that you understand what this is doing (otherwise it could do a lot of "damage" to your records). Essentially, these two workflows are always clearing and filling the new property, handing a deal record to each other again and again and again.

I haven't tested this, I'd recommend you do, ideally in a test environment. HubSpot didn't show a warning about a loop when I switched these workflows on. For some records, this workflow would in theory execute until eternity.

By the way, other users have asked for looping workflows in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The feature is currently in planning.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler