Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

JFS
Membro

Contacts re-enroll in a workflow, but never repeat its actions.

resolver

I have a workflow which enrolls contacts from a Smartlist, tests if they haven't been emailed lately, and then offers them a piece of unseen lead development content. Re-enrollment is enabled and set to re-enroll contacts from that list.

While the re-enrollment works, contacts never actually repeat the workflow. This isn't my understanding of how that's supposed to work, from the documentation:

• When a contact is re-enrolled, they will always start the workflow at the beginning. They will complete all actions and receive any automated emails again. 

I've tried this with a stripped-down version and list of test contacts, as well, where the only actions in the workflow are to send me an SMS and wait one minute. While test contacts re-enroll, they never restart the workflow.

What am I missing? 

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
Phil_Vallender
Solução
Participante de valor | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Hey @JFS

If the workflow history doesn't show re-enrollment, then re-enrollment isn't working. 

When you use a smart list as the enrollement criteria, are the contacts coming off and back on to the list (after having completed the workflow)? If not, re-enrollment will not work. 

Does that help?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
4 Respostas 4
Phil_Vallender

resolver

Hi @JFS

It sounds like it should work. Smart lists are supported for renrollment so that's not the issue.

Can you PM me a screenshot of your workflow so I can take a closer look? 

Cheers, Phil.

0 Avaliação positiva
JFS
Membro

resolver

With pleasure, it's making me crazy 🙂

Here's the simplest form of the workflow, with settings:

Simple WorkflowSimple WorkflowSettings 1Settings 1Settings 2Settings 2

And its history:

Capture4.PNG

In this iteration, the enrollment criteria is a static list membership. Replacing it with a Smartlist doesn't appear to make a difference.

The full workflow, with if/then branches to test for content, is harder to screencap - it's pretty big. Looking at the history, though, the same thing happens: a contact goes through the workflow actions, completes it, then never restarts the workflow.

The workflow history does not mention their re-enrollment, though checking the Contact entry will show they are a member of the workflow (with status "Completed").

Weird, right?

0 Avaliação positiva
Phil_Vallender
Solução

resolver

Hey @JFS

If the workflow history doesn't show re-enrollment, then re-enrollment isn't working. 

When you use a smart list as the enrollement criteria, are the contacts coming off and back on to the list (after having completed the workflow)? If not, re-enrollment will not work. 

Does that help?

0 Avaliação positiva
JFS
Membro

resolver

Ahhhhhh. 

If I'm following you correctly: if one of Smartlist X's criteria is that a contact not be active in workflow Y, and the enrollment criteria of workflow Y is membership in Smartlist X, there would be a loop that refreshed that contact's list membership (and therefore enrollment) when the workflow completed?

EDIT:  Tested and works. Thanks so much, Phil!

0 Avaliação positiva