Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

kawamboo

Contacts not working

SOLVE

Hi,

I've installed Hubspot for wordpress and followed the checking turorial to see if the plugin in installed correctly. And it is.

The thing is I am the only contact backin up data to the statistics. When my friends go on my site it doesnt print any data.

How comes ?
Cheers,

Lucas

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Tom
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Contacts not working

SOLVE

Hey there! Roisin has passed on your website information to myself to investigate this.

Looking at your website there does not appear to be any forms with email fields on your form to collect the leads and add them to your HubSpot poral. I can also see through looking through your portal that your Lead Flow appears to be deactivated. 

In order for HubSpot to track information for a visitor they will need to have a contact profile within your portal. To create a contact profile they will need to have filled out a compatible form with an email field or fill out a Lead Flow on your website. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
10 Replies 10
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Contacts not working

SOLVE

Hey @kawamboo could you confirm what tools you are using on the Marketing Free account? Have you used Collected Forms on your page and aren't seeing any leads captured/stored in your portal? Could you provide a link to the page/domain you are working with - thanks!

0 Upvotes
kawamboo

Contacts not working

SOLVE

Hi @roisinkirby

I got step 1 completed (Install tracking code)
I thought step 2 (create a lead flow) was just to create forms isn't ?

All I need is to see who is visiting my website (It works when I visit my website myself, but not my friends for example) Is there anything else than step 1 that I need to do for that matter ?

Cheers,

Lucas

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Contacts not working

SOLVE

@kawamboo thank you for following up? Could you please provide a link to the website you have setup up Marketing Free with? Thank you!

0 Upvotes
kawamboo

Contacts not working

SOLVE

0 Upvotes
Tom
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Contacts not working

SOLVE

Hey there! Roisin has passed on your website information to myself to investigate this.

Looking at your website there does not appear to be any forms with email fields on your form to collect the leads and add them to your HubSpot poral. I can also see through looking through your portal that your Lead Flow appears to be deactivated. 

In order for HubSpot to track information for a visitor they will need to have a contact profile within your portal. To create a contact profile they will need to have filled out a compatible form with an email field or fill out a Lead Flow on your website. 

0 Upvotes
kawamboo

Contacts not working

SOLVE

Hi @Tom,

So HubSpot is not really a visitor count with statistics and details of visitors then ?

They have to fill forms etc.. to get visit datas ?

0 Upvotes
Tom
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Contacts not working

SOLVE

HubSpot Free and Starter are intended primarily as Lead capturing tools to allow you to capture visitors on your site. It does not currently have the functionality to report on anonymous visitors. 

These analytics tool are available within the reports section of the basic, pro and enterprise level packages of HubSpot. The reports tool and the reporting add-on can provider in-dept analysis of your website traffic and allow you to monitor known and unknow visitors to your website.

There is more information on this available here:

http://www.hubspot.com/products/analytics

kawamboo

Contacts not working

SOLVE

Hi,

I've installed Hubspot for wordpress and followed the checking turorial to see if the plugin in installed correctly. And it is.

The thing is I am the only contact backin up data to the statistics. When my friends go on my site it doesnt print any data.

How comes ?
Cheers,

Lucas

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Contacts not working

SOLVE

Hi @kawamboo, I know that this topic was posted some time ago but I wanted to check whether you were still experiencing this issue? If so, could you link us to a page where your lead flow appears so that I could take a closer look?

Thank you,

May

0 Upvotes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Contacts not working

SOLVE

Hey @kawamboo for all support queries please see the Marketing Support or Sales Support board 🙂 The Ideas forum is for feature requests 

0 Upvotes