Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

MMazzarella
Membro

Contacts are not receiving emails

resolver

CRM Support Exercise 1[9454] (2).png

Some contacts in our drip campaign have stopped recieving emails. I'm assuming its something with the if/then branch, or the lack of an enrollment trigger. Does anyone have any thoughts? 

1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @MMazzarella,

This workflow won't automatically enroll contacts if there aren't any enrollment criteria, see my earlier post. Even if it is active, it will just sit there, waiting for you to manually enroll contacts.

You need to define enrollment criteria if you want to automatically enroll contacts. I'd recommend switching the workflow off first.

If you're getting started with workflows, I'd recommend reading up on workflow behavior first: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/get-started-with-workflows

With the wrong enrollment criteria, these emails could be sent to all of your database.

Who should be enrolled in this workflow?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

6 Respostas 6
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @MMazzarella,

This workflow won't automatically enroll contacts if there aren't any enrollment criteria, see my earlier post. Even if it is active, it will just sit there, waiting for you to manually enroll contacts.

You need to define enrollment criteria if you want to automatically enroll contacts. I'd recommend switching the workflow off first.

If you're getting started with workflows, I'd recommend reading up on workflow behavior first: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/get-started-with-workflows

With the wrong enrollment criteria, these emails could be sent to all of your database.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler

resolver

Hi @MMazzarella,

Can you confirm that this workflow is actually active and not in draft mode? (What does the orange button on the upper right side of the workflow editor say?)

I missed the enrollment criteria earlier. If you haven't set any, then contacts will only enroll if someone enrolls them manually or if they are enrolled from another workflow. HubSpot won't enroll any contacts automatically here.

For this workflow to automatically enroll contacts, you need to set criteria (e.g. a previous form submission, the fact that a contact is a member of a list etc.). You can learn more about enrollment criteria here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/set-your-workflow-enrollment-triggers

Best regards!

PS. It's hard to tell whether the "Go to action" step makes sense but it wouldn't break anything per se.

Karsten Köhler

MMazzarella
Membro

resolver

Hi Karsten,

Yes, I can confirm this is active. My superiors didn't set one for some reason. They think something is wrong with the workflow, but I don't see it. You think the If/Then Branch is alright?

0 Avaliação positiva
MMazzarella
Membro

resolver

I can do that. Is there anything in workflow that looks off? I'm wondering if the fact that there's no enrollment/re-enrollment trigger could contribute.

Also, have you ever seen the "otherwise, go to" branch on the right side? this is the only time I've ever seen it there and it's wierding me out.

karstenkoehler

resolver

Hi @MMazzarella,

Can you check the History tab of the workflow and use the Select a contact dropdown to search for a contact who hasn't but should've received emails?

This tab will tell you whether a contact went down a certain branch, was unenrolled or whether there was an error.

(Usually, what one finds here is symptomatic of a general problem which can then be fixed in the workflow enrollment triggers or actions.)

Feel free to post a screenshot of the action log, pixelating confidential information.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

MMazzarella
Membro

resolver

I can do that. Is there anything in workflow that looks off? I'm wondering if the fact that there's no enrollment/re-enrollment trigger could contribute.

Also, have you ever seen the "otherwise, go to" branch on the right side? this is the only time I've ever seen it there and it's wierding me out.

0 Avaliação positiva