Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

bmurphy1

Contacts Import

SOLVE

I noticed three new contacts have been added to my contacts.  However, my staff, nor I, added these contacts to hubspot.  Furthmore, they haven't come from any forms because the lead source field is empty and it says "created from Offline Source.

What does this mean?  Where are these contacts coming from?

Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

Contacts Import

SOLVE

Hi, @bmurphy1. Offline sources are usually imported records (or an external integration), and nothing related to a form submission, or someone who came to your site through organic or paid search or ads. 

Click into a HubSpot contact you want to investigate, and click the button that lets you view the property history. Scroll back to that contact's origin. It will show you the user or integration responsible for creating the record. (It's likely an import; you can go to your imports screen to see all your imports over time.)

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

Contacts Import

SOLVE

Typically, 'offline source' means the contact arrived in the CRM via import or an integration.

-1- Check your import history to confirm what the 'humans' are telling you. Just click on the Import button from the Contacts screen and view that list.

- see image

HubSpot Import ButtonHubSpot Import Button

-2- Check the Original Source Drill-Down 1 & 2 properties. HubSpot recognizes well-behaved integrations by adding additioal identifier information there. It even picks up contacts added by Zapier. 

- see image

hubspot-source-offline-source-drill-down.png

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Author, the Perfect HubSpot Series

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
bmurphy1

Contacts Import

SOLVE

Found the solution. Disregard the above message.

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

Contacts Import

SOLVE

Typically, 'offline source' means the contact arrived in the CRM via import or an integration.

-1- Check your import history to confirm what the 'humans' are telling you. Just click on the Import button from the Contacts screen and view that list.

- see image

HubSpot Import ButtonHubSpot Import Button

-2- Check the Original Source Drill-Down 1 & 2 properties. HubSpot recognizes well-behaved integrations by adding additioal identifier information there. It even picks up contacts added by Zapier. 

- see image

hubspot-source-offline-source-drill-down.png

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Author, the Perfect HubSpot Series

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

Contacts Import

SOLVE

Hi, @bmurphy1. Offline sources are usually imported records (or an external integration), and nothing related to a form submission, or someone who came to your site through organic or paid search or ads. 

Click into a HubSpot contact you want to investigate, and click the button that lets you view the property history. Scroll back to that contact's origin. It will show you the user or integration responsible for creating the record. (It's likely an import; you can go to your imports screen to see all your imports over time.)

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.