Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Hiougue
Participant

Contact without email address

SOLVE

In our business, it is sometimes useful to add a contact for whom we do not have an email address at the time of creation (meeting). Is this possible ?

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Hiougue

That's odd. In my test CRM account, as long as I add a first name, the create contact button becomes active. See screenshot. 

Capture.PNG

If this still doesnt work, can you check if the add contact settings have been changed - clicking the link that says 'customise properties' that you can see in my screenshot will take you to settings where you can manage the properties people see when creating contacts. 

Good luck. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
tkremove
Participant

SOLVE

I wouzld also need to add contacts without e-ail, just the Instagram handle e.g.

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @tkremove, I hope you are doing well.

Here are some alternatives.

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @Hiougue

This used to be an issue when HubSpot only had a marketing product, but now that they have a full CRM, its fine to add contacts without an email address. 

More info here: Can I add contacts to the CRM without an email address?

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes
tkremove
Participant

SOLVE

it does not work to add contacts without an email

0 Upvotes
Hiougue
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Phil,

thanks for the quick answer. I feel really dumb here, but when trying to create manually a contact, the email address is a mandatory field and as long as I don't fill it, the "Create contact" is not available.

0 Upvotes
LaDonna

SOLVE

I still cannot create a contact without having an email address and some of my clients do not have email addresses.  Also, I have a couple that are both wanting to be patients of ours, they both have the same email address, but hubspot won't let me create both of them because of that.

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Hiougue

That's odd. In my test CRM account, as long as I add a first name, the create contact button becomes active. See screenshot. 

Capture.PNG

If this still doesnt work, can you check if the add contact settings have been changed - clicking the link that says 'customise properties' that you can see in my screenshot will take you to settings where you can manage the properties people see when creating contacts. 

Good luck. 

Hiougue
Participant

SOLVE

You are totally right. The way it is set up by default is that email is mandatory. I went to the settings and changed this so it is now possible to enter a contact leaving the email field blank. Thanks a lot.

0 Upvotes