Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

bjonesmarketing
参加者

Consolidate Lead Scoring

解決

Hi! So I'm looking for best practices on consolidating lead scoring rules without triggering a bunch of MQLs in the system. Basically, we have a ton of separate rules for similar events that could be combined, but since scores will update in real time, and you can't roll back a score without setting a negative rule, is there a "safe" way to make such updates? Thanks in advance! 

0 いいね!
2件の承認済みベストアンサー
Josh
解決策
名誉エキスパート | Platinum Partner

Consolidate Lead Scoring

解決

Hi @bjonesmarketing,

From my experience, the safest way to do this is using list membership. For consolidating scoring, I really like that route so that you can be sure they meet all of the criteria before being added to the list instead of falsely inflating for individual activities.

You could theoretically use a list for temporary lead score reduction as well. You would probably want some stipulations that removes them from the list once the reduction has been applied. This will take some planning, but overall a fairly easy approach that shouldn't cause any major issues.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

元の投稿で解決策を見る

Josh
解決策

Consolidate Lead Scoring

解決

Hi @bjonesmarketing,

That would certainly be an bonus aspect of this, but I would actually be using the List Membership as the criteria for positive of negative scores. So for example, if contact is a member of list ABC, +20 points. Or if contact is a member of XYZ, -20 points.

Your lists would contain the more granular criteria for the scoring. 

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

4件の返信
bjonesmarketing
参加者

Consolidate Lead Scoring

解決

Thanks Josh! So do you mean create active lists to see who would meet the scoring criteria before actually changing the score rules? 

0 いいね!
Josh
解決策

Consolidate Lead Scoring

解決

Hi @bjonesmarketing,

That would certainly be an bonus aspect of this, but I would actually be using the List Membership as the criteria for positive of negative scores. So for example, if contact is a member of list ABC, +20 points. Or if contact is a member of XYZ, -20 points.

Your lists would contain the more granular criteria for the scoring. 

Josh Curcio

bjonesmarketing
参加者

Consolidate Lead Scoring

解決

Got it, that makes sense. Thank you!

0 いいね!
Josh
解決策

Consolidate Lead Scoring

解決

Hi @bjonesmarketing,

From my experience, the safest way to do this is using list membership. For consolidating scoring, I really like that route so that you can be sure they meet all of the criteria before being added to the list instead of falsely inflating for individual activities.

You could theoretically use a list for temporary lead score reduction as well. You would probably want some stipulations that removes them from the list once the reduction has been applied. This will take some planning, but overall a fairly easy approach that shouldn't cause any major issues.

Josh

Josh Curcio