Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

ecwell90

Conflict: Workflow to copy contact property to company. What if the contacts have various properties

SOLVE

Just started using Hubspot at my new job, and I'm cleaning up our data, starting with using some workflows.

Many contacts have a lifecycle stage, but the company lifecycle stage isn't updated (just left blank). I can make a workflow to watch for a contact lifecycle, and have the company lifecycle update to match.

But what if you had 2 contacts at a company with different lifecycle stages? I think these are lurking in our account. If it's looking to match contact lifecycle to company, if the contact lifecycles are different, which one is chosen?

Thanks in advance for any help!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Conflict: Workflow to copy contact property to company. What if the contacts have various properties

SOLVE

Hi @ecwell90

There are a couple of ways to handle this. 

If you turn on a workflow that looks at all contacts and sync their lifecycle to their associated company, each contact will try to sync and you can control in what order. However, because lifecycle is designed to not move backward unless cleared, the lifecycle of the contact that is furthest along will stick. 

You may, however, want to switch on the function to automatically sync company and contact lifecyles to do this automatically without the need for a workflow: How can I manage the automatic syncing of lifecycle stages between associated records?

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @ecwell90

There are a couple of ways to handle this. 

If you turn on a workflow that looks at all contacts and sync their lifecycle to their associated company, each contact will try to sync and you can control in what order. However, because lifecycle is designed to not move backward unless cleared, the lifecycle of the contact that is furthest along will stick. 

You may, however, want to switch on the function to automatically sync company and contact lifecyles to do this automatically without the need for a workflow: How can I manage the automatic syncing of lifecycle stages between associated records?

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes
Geo20

SOLVE

Phil, 

Can I use the same process if I want to sync the state/region property? Can I use a workflow to take the State/Region of a contact and have it copy to be the state/region property of their associated company?

Best,

0 Upvotes
ecwell90

SOLVE

Thanks, Phil! I have the company lifecycle>contact lifecycle setting turned on already. Your advice about conflicting lifecycles and which one will be chosen for the company is really helpful! 

0 Upvotes