Completed Workflows - do they include NO options in short branches?

Regular Contributor

Would like to clarify what it means to complete a workflow.

Say you have an If/Then branch where YES sends you down a 3-part email series. And NO adds you to a static list.

• If you are NO and added to the static list, have you still "completed" the workflow?
  • What is the difference between "has never completed" and "has never been enrolled"? If you have ever been enrolled, in what scenario would you NOT "complete" the workflow - only if the first branch was a NO and led to nowhere?
  • Let's say you went down YES, but then unsubscribed after 1 email. Did you "complete" the workflow?
  • Let's say you went down YES, but then the workflow sent you to another workflow due to certain conditions. Did you "complete" the first workflow?

Thanks to anyone in advance who can help me untangel this!!

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @Otterbot 

Good questions, some I'm clear on, some less so:

Q: If you are NO and added to the static list, have you still "completed" the workflow?

A: Yes, any one reaching a branch end has completed a workflow

Q: What is the difference between "has never completed" and "has never been enrolled"? If you have ever been enrolled, in what scenario would you NOT "complete" the workflow - only if the first branch was a NO and led to nowhere?

A: If you are removed or subressed from a workflow then you were enrolled but did not complete

Q: Let's say you went down YES, but then unsubscribed after 1 email. Did you "complete" the workflow?

A: No, Unsubscribing doesnt affect your workflow membership

Q: Let's say you went down YES, but then the workflow sent you to another workflow due to certain conditions. Did you "complete" the first workflow?

A: If that was the last action in a branch, yes. Enrolling a contact in another workflow doesn't necessarily remove them from the current one

Hope this helps. 

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
Regular Contributor

Thank you very much, Phil. Can I ask to clarify - how would someone be considered "removed" from a workflow? If they were enrolled by the trigger, but never met any of the subsequent conditions (e.g. they went down a NO branch with no susequent actions done to them specified by the workflow)? 

Other email automation tools have a specific step of ejecting someone from a workflow if they don't meet certain criteria. But I'm not seeing that in Hubspot.  

Thanks again for your clear help.

0 Upvotes