Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Chrispy_Shaker
Membro

Compare lists and remove duplicate contacts

resolver

Hi,

We recently deleted a list which we're planning on re-adding. Unfortunately, due to other factors our AUSTRALIA list now has all of our contacts from a FACILITATION list that we temporarily removed. I currently have xls exports of both lists. Is there a way to do a compare and remove all the contacts from the AUSTRALIA list, based on the ones in the FACILITATION list? In a nutshell, we want to remove our facilitation contacts from our australia list.

Chris

0 Avaliação positiva
2 Solução aceitas
Daniel_Bleich
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

Hi Chripsy,

From what I understand of your question you can do it in two ways.

1. Vlookup between the lists and delete the ones that are not needed and then upload.
  2. Upload both xls and create active lists from both of them -> then in the Australia list ad a rule that excludes contacts that are in the FACILITATION lists -> then you can go ahead and delete the contacts in the facilitation list.

Hope this helps,

Daniel Bleichman
Marketing | AudioCodes

Danielbleichman@gmail.com
Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Exibir solução no post original

StefaniUAT
Solução

resolver

@Chrispy_Shaker ,

If it were me, I would take the list XLS spreadsheet of Australia contacts and import them back into HubSpot. You can do this simply by Import > Import Name: Australia > Import only ContactIDs. This will create a new list with only the records included in this import. I would then delete the old list since it is not correct.  

You can also create a custom Single Check-Mark property: "Australia" and mark this as yes in the import above for each contact next to their ContactID. This way you can mark all the Australia records as Australia and then easily report on this later. If you can't export the Australia contacts with their HubSpot Contact ID, re-import with only the email addresses, and custom property Australia is yes. I have included a screenshot below.

Excel1.png

HubSpot importing finds and updates records based on two properties: 

1. Email [Address]

2. HubSpot ContactID is the unique identifier and first column on any export or in the URL of any contact. 

Please reply if you have any further questions or this does not solve your issue.

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect

Exibir solução no post original

2 Respostas 2
StefaniUAT
Solução

resolver

@Chrispy_Shaker ,

If it were me, I would take the list XLS spreadsheet of Australia contacts and import them back into HubSpot. You can do this simply by Import > Import Name: Australia > Import only ContactIDs. This will create a new list with only the records included in this import. I would then delete the old list since it is not correct.  

You can also create a custom Single Check-Mark property: "Australia" and mark this as yes in the import above for each contact next to their ContactID. This way you can mark all the Australia records as Australia and then easily report on this later. If you can't export the Australia contacts with their HubSpot Contact ID, re-import with only the email addresses, and custom property Australia is yes. I have included a screenshot below.

Excel1.png

HubSpot importing finds and updates records based on two properties: 

1. Email [Address]

2. HubSpot ContactID is the unique identifier and first column on any export or in the URL of any contact. 

Please reply if you have any further questions or this does not solve your issue.

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect
Daniel_Bleich
Solução

resolver

Hi Chripsy,

From what I understand of your question you can do it in two ways.

1. Vlookup between the lists and delete the ones that are not needed and then upload.
  2. Upload both xls and create active lists from both of them -> then in the Australia list ad a rule that excludes contacts that are in the FACILITATION lists -> then you can go ahead and delete the contacts in the facilitation list.

Hope this helps,

Daniel Bleichman
Marketing | AudioCodes

Danielbleichman@gmail.com
Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution