Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

LizO
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Combining Multiple Contact Properties

SOLVE

Is it possible to combine multiple contact properties into a single contact property?  Will all the values in the multiple properties transfer over to the one contact property?

I saw merging values within 1 contact property but not how do you combine multiple contact properties.  

Example:

Over the last 4 years we have some how created 5 contact properties for job title/role.  I'm looking at them and thinking all we really need is one contact property.  This makes mapping imports difficult and individaul data entry too. 

Please help! 

1 Accepted solution
relabidin
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @LizO,

At this time we do not offer a feature that allows you to merge together separate contact properties. However, I understand how this would be a useful feature and I encourage you to post it as a feature request on the Ideas board of this forum.

Rami 

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
MBianculli
Participant

SOLVE

It would be great to be able to combine Company properties as well. 

torysher
Contributor

SOLVE

Upvoting this as well. 

We'd need this to support the Lead Scoring system we've developed. Our Lead Score is two-dimensional and uses fit (firmographic and demographic data) and activation (behavioral data) to determine the ultimate lead score. 

Put simply, Lead Score = Fit Score + Activation Score

HubSpot has a limit of 100 filters in 1 Score property. We'd need 75 of these just for Fit Score, so would exceed the limit if we included Activation Score in 1 property also. So, we'd need to create 2 Score properties: 1 for Fit Score, 1 for Activation Score. 

We'd then want to combine them to determine the ultimate lead score. 

For example, if the Fit Score = 75 and the Activation Score = 50, we'd want the total Lead Score to = 125

0 Upvotes
MLynch33
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @torysher,

Have you tried using calculated properties to achieve this?

In your case, the calculated property would be Fit Score + Activation Score = Lead Score. Please note: Calculated properties are available to Pro+ subscriptions.

Hope that helps 😀

0 Upvotes
torysher
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for following up on this @MLynch33 ! I found calculated properties a few days later and it was just what I needed 🙂 

0 Upvotes
Eilo
Participant

SOLVE

I totally UPvote with you 🙂

0 Upvotes
jmliffrig
Participant

SOLVE

I need the same function, any cance this has been resolved or anyone has a good workaround? 

0 Upvotes
LizO

SOLVE

@jmliffrig

Not the easiest work around but I can tell you what I did to clean up our database.
1. Pick a property you want to keep and note the name of the other properties you want to remove or merge.   You can even rename the properties to make that more clear.
2. From the contact view select the filter by contact property then select one of the properties you want to remove and show all where that property is known.
3. Sort the list by that property column
4. You can select multiple contacts and batch edit the contacts to add the same information to the property you want to keep
5. Once you transfer the information from the undesired field to the one you plan to keep you can safely delete the undesired filed with no loss in your data.

I know, the above is tedious and maybe not worth your time. 

2nd Idea that I have not confirmed will work:

Try an export to CSV.  Shorten the spreadsheet to an e-mail column A (as that is HubSpots primary identifier of contacts) and adding the desired value to the property you want to keep in column B.  Try importing that CSV back into HubSpot to see if they all update.  

Good Luck!

jmliffrig
Participant

SOLVE

That is helpful, thank you! I ended up being able to fix by changing the free text field into a "multiple checkbox" field. The free text only had 8 different variations, so as long as I used the exact same erbiage, I was able to change the type to multiple checkbox, and had all the old data change from free text to checkbox. 

Thanks so much for getting back to me!

relabidin
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @LizO,

At this time we do not offer a feature that allows you to merge together separate contact properties. However, I understand how this would be a useful feature and I encourage you to post it as a feature request on the Ideas board of this forum.

Rami 

zackparkar
Participant

SOLVE
DBläsing
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @LizO,

is this feature in progress or already implemented?

best,

David