Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

kaious
Top Contributor

Changes to duplicate checking?

Wondering if there have been some changes to the duplicate checking rules in HS? Normally find companys or contacts that show up as possible duplicates are fairly reliable, but this week have had over 150 new potential duplicate companies detected, all of which seem to be really marginal cases - like both have the word services in the company name in a lot of cases.
Anyone else noticing similar?

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @kaious 

Investigating more about it looks like that all systems are currently operational.

More information here.

I would recommend checking for any new company imports, contact/company association, and also connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
kaious
Top Contributor

Thanks Pam, but the question wasn't really if the systems are operational, more if something had changed in the way it identified possible duplicates. Maybe I should have been clearer: I'm seeing a big bunch of contacts who were already in our system being flagged as possible duplicates where they had not previously. Add to that, the fact that they seem like very tenuous links that are being made between the potential duplicates. I was figuring that maybe something had been changed in the way duplicates are identified. 

0 Upvotes