Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Paul320
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

Change Deal status based on response to email

Background:

I have a long list of deals that are sitting in the Sales Pipeline stage "Quotes".  I want to use a workflow to send an email to the contact associated with each deal asking if the quote is still being considered. The email will contain two buttons, one that represents "Yes" and the other "No".  The email recipient will click one of the two buttons and be redirected to a landing page unique to that response.  The URL of the page viewed was to be used to mark the deal Close Lost (if it wasn't still being considered) or take some other action on it (if it were).

Problem:

The workflow that takes action on the page view is a Contact and not a Deal based workflow.  Some of the contacts have more than one outstanding Deal (quote).  I can't figure out a way to identify which Deal the response relates to.

Thoughts:

It would be nice to dynamically include a token for the Deal as a UTM parameter in the buttons in the email. But I can't include it in a CTA nor am I aware of how to dynamically insert it in the URL of a button image in the email.  If I could, then I'd have a shot at parsing  the pageview event to get the Deal Id.

Any ideas?

Let me know if you know of a way to solve this challenge!  Thanks.

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
JVanpachtenbe
Participant

This is a very solid question and also a hot topic over here.

Lots of deals on interested and we want to send out an email asking whether people are still interested or not. So if the answer is no, put the deal to lost. Any solution already ?

0 Upvotes
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @Paul320,

Thanks for reaching out.

I want to tag in some thought leaders to see if they can assist with this.

Hi @BrianCarter @louischausse @AdamLPW, would you be able to share your thoughts with @Paul320?

Thanks!

Jess   

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !