Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

JTurrell
Teilnehmer/-in

Categorising forms

lösung

Hi,

I feel it would be good to be able to categorise Hubspot forms with tags or something similar that could then be chosen / applied through lists, workflows and lead scoring.

As an example, we're interested to know if a contact has downloaded a marketing resource and perhaps attended a webinar, but as we create a number of different forms with resources and events behind them, we can't create a list that take in every possibility. Categorising them or adding tags would help with this to get a more generic overview of their actions.

Thanks,

Jo

0 Upvotes
2 Akzeptierte Lösungen
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

Categorising forms

lösung

Hi @JTurrell,

I agree, this would be a useful feature. You could submit this to the HubSpot Ideas section of the community: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

The product team reviews these requests based on their popularity.

As far as workarounds go, I'm a big fan of clear naming conventions which are essentially tags inside the form name. There is a great thread on naming conventions here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Tips-Tricks-Best-Practices/Best-Naming-Convention-Practices/m-p/246...

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

franksteiner79
Lösung
Autorität

Categorising forms

lösung

Hi @JTurrell 

Just to add to @karstenkoehler's point about naming conventions. Have you considered implementing a forms strategy/framework? It's probably something that deserves its own litte thread or AMA on the community, but depending on the amount of content offers you produce over time, the possible customer journeys, etc. I have seen two major approaches used by customers:

1. Create and use forms based on journey points, i.e Awareness, Consideration, Decision.
  2. Forms based around content types, i.e. e-Book, Webinar, Tradeshow, Whitepaper.

You would then create these forms - sticking with option two, you would end up with ONE e-Book, one Webinar, one Tradeshow, one Whitepaper form. Use progressive fields to ensure contact information gets enriched by repeat submissions. This approach would allow you to:

1. Keep the number of forms needed to a minimum
  2. Report on top level submissions by form content type / category
  3. In combination with "submitted form on a specific page" allow for specific follow ups and list building, and segmentation.

Let me know if you have questions about that.

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

3 Antworten
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

Categorising forms

lösung

Hi @JTurrell,

I agree, this would be a useful feature. You could submit this to the HubSpot Ideas section of the community: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

The product team reviews these requests based on their popularity.

As far as workarounds go, I'm a big fan of clear naming conventions which are essentially tags inside the form name. There is a great thread on naming conventions here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Tips-Tricks-Best-Practices/Best-Naming-Convention-Practices/m-p/246...

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

franksteiner79
Lösung
Autorität

Categorising forms

lösung

Hi @JTurrell 

Just to add to @karstenkoehler's point about naming conventions. Have you considered implementing a forms strategy/framework? It's probably something that deserves its own litte thread or AMA on the community, but depending on the amount of content offers you produce over time, the possible customer journeys, etc. I have seen two major approaches used by customers:

1. Create and use forms based on journey points, i.e Awareness, Consideration, Decision.
  2. Forms based around content types, i.e. e-Book, Webinar, Tradeshow, Whitepaper.

You would then create these forms - sticking with option two, you would end up with ONE e-Book, one Webinar, one Tradeshow, one Whitepaper form. Use progressive fields to ensure contact information gets enriched by repeat submissions. This approach would allow you to:

1. Keep the number of forms needed to a minimum
  2. Report on top level submissions by form content type / category
  3. In combination with "submitted form on a specific page" allow for specific follow ups and list building, and segmentation.

Let me know if you have questions about that.

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project
JTurrell
Teilnehmer/-in

Categorising forms

lösung

Hello. Thanks for your suggestions.

An issue that springs to mind for us with option 2 would be that we often have multiple downloadable resources available at once which we automatically redirect to once someone completes a form. This is why we have multple forms for resources, which does get a little messy when trying to understand lead interactions. 

0 Upvotes