Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

MArango7

Cannot send email in workflow

SOLVE

Hi,

I created a marketing email. When I tested it, it delivers fine. But I'm getting a "An error occurred while sending" error message when testing the email in a workflow.

The workflow is very simple:

1. The trigger is any contact with create date known (everybody)

2. Then the next step is to send the email, which is the marketing email I created.

Then when I test the workflow I get the error described above. There are no other hints as to what is causing the error. I don't know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MArango7,

Could you please share a screenshot of the error message? Where exactly are you seeing this and how are you testing the workflow? (By switching it on or by using the test functionality?)

If this error message looks like a 'failed to complete this action' kind of error message (that pops up in red at the top), have you tried another browser / clearing cache and cookies? These kind of errors usually are browser related or resolve themselves after a few hours.

Have you checked under Menu > Marketing > Email, in the Recipients tab of the marketing email itself if your test shows up under Not sent with more context? That's where delivery issues are ususally explained.

If neither works, I'd recommend reaching out to HubSpot technical support via the purple in-app help widget in the lower right corner of the app.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MArango7,

Could you please share a screenshot of the error message? Where exactly are you seeing this and how are you testing the workflow? (By switching it on or by using the test functionality?)

If this error message looks like a 'failed to complete this action' kind of error message (that pops up in red at the top), have you tried another browser / clearing cache and cookies? These kind of errors usually are browser related or resolve themselves after a few hours.

Have you checked under Menu > Marketing > Email, in the Recipients tab of the marketing email itself if your test shows up under Not sent with more context? That's where delivery issues are ususally explained.

If neither works, I'd recommend reaching out to HubSpot technical support via the purple in-app help widget in the lower right corner of the app.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
MArango7

SOLVE

Hi Karsten.

Thank you so much for your input!! I did a browser restart, cleared the cache and cookies, and then it did work... but only once. I repeated the same test and then the same error message showed up again. I'm going to repeat the process of logging out and clearing cookies to see what happens.

After the first time the test worked, I went to Menu > Marketing > Email, but I didn't see a record of the email. I imagine this is due to it being a test, right?

Screen Shot 2022-06-02 at 9.00.14 AM.jpg

0 Upvotes