Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

josh_at_MITTR
Participant

Can't output list from traffic report (UTM parameters) - help!

SOLVE

On the Traffic Analytics report, you can filter by UTM parameters. 

If you isolate a list of contacts resulting from this filtering by UTM parameters, you are invited to add the contacts to a list (either a new list or to an existing one). However, I find this only ever results in a blank list, no matter how many contacts the traffic report shows me.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem with this functionality in HubSpot?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
PatrickEng
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

@josh_at_MITTR ,

This HubSpot article explains how you can't create smart lists based on UTM parameters because UTM parameters are automatically removed: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/lists/how-are-url-query-string-parameters-handled...

"Because of this, when you include UTM parameters in a criteria for a list or workflow based on Page view, contacts who viewed pages with UTM parameters in the query string will not be added to the list or workflow."

You might be able to get some data using Google analytics, but it won't be tied to a specific contact within HubSpot.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
PatrickEng
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

@josh_at_MITTR ,

This HubSpot article explains how you can't create smart lists based on UTM parameters because UTM parameters are automatically removed: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/lists/how-are-url-query-string-parameters-handled...

"Because of this, when you include UTM parameters in a criteria for a list or workflow based on Page view, contacts who viewed pages with UTM parameters in the query string will not be added to the list or workflow."

You might be able to get some data using Google analytics, but it won't be tied to a specific contact within HubSpot.

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @josh_at_MITTR ,

If you are given the option to add the contacts to a list, I would expect them to populate on the list. 

If you are still experiencing this issue, I would recommend reaching out to HubSpot Technical Support as working with them willl be the most direct way to resolve this matter within your portal.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes