Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

PRP
Mitglied

Can't assign MQLs accurately because trial form is also used as customer signup form.

lösung

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to assign leads that come in through our free trial form as an MQL through a workflow, but recently realized that the data I'm collecting is muddied because the free trial form is also being used as the sign-up form for customers. This means that existing customers that bring in multiple admins on our platform are using the same form to sign up and are also being registered as MQLs when they do This is frustrating and there is no way for us right now to fix the form since our platform is going through a UI overhaul and I need to wait on that, nor can I simply make a new form since the current form is attached to our platform and generates an account for people who sign up. What would be the best way for me to separate and differentiate between free trial signups and customer signups?

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

Can't assign MQLs accurately because trial form is also used as customer signup form.

lösung

Hi @PRP,

I don't see any feasible options outside of creating a new form, unfortunately. Adding additional form fields for later filtering would be a bad and confusing user experience, for example. One of the two forms should be replaced.

Two more thoughts:

• Contacts will not go back in Lifecycle stage. So if a customer fills out a form that sets the Lifecycle stage to MQL but that customer already has the Lifecycle stage customer, it will stay that way.
  • If you're working with a Professional or Enterprise subscription, you could use workflows to automatically update the Lifecycle stage of contacts to customer if the associated company record has the customer Lifecycle stage.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

2 Antworten
webdew
Ratgeber/-in | Diamond Partner
Ratgeber/-in | Diamond Partner

lösung

Hi @PRP ,

To check this out, we need to see some examples to fully understand how those contacts are coming to HubSpot. From just the information you have, ideally, you would need to have a field on the form to differentiate them, but you mentioned you are not able to change the form at the moment. I will advise you to check this with HubSpot supporta and share some examples with them. 

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regard.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @PRP,

I don't see any feasible options outside of creating a new form, unfortunately. Adding additional form fields for later filtering would be a bad and confusing user experience, for example. One of the two forms should be replaced.

Two more thoughts:

• Contacts will not go back in Lifecycle stage. So if a customer fills out a form that sets the Lifecycle stage to MQL but that customer already has the Lifecycle stage customer, it will stay that way.
  • If you're working with a Professional or Enterprise subscription, you could use workflows to automatically update the Lifecycle stage of contacts to customer if the associated company record has the customer Lifecycle stage.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.