Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

kmalkiewicz
Contributor

Can anyone provide some of their use cases for company workflows?

We already have ABM in place using Terminus, and are looking to expand our efforts in that area. Does anyone have any use cases or examples of how you leveraged company workflows in conjunction with other ABM platforms? Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
Aakar
Key Advisor

Hi @kmalkiewicz 

I've used Terminus a year ago. By this time Terminus might have improved a lot, so my info could be outdated, however, let me share my experience. 

We have connected Terminus to both HubSpot & Salesforce. We used to create the workflows on HubSpot and enrolled the contacts (with appropriate filters) to display an advertisement. We used to use the contact property, 'lifecycle stage' as a goal. (For example, lead/MQL contact is enrolled in the workflow, it gets served Terminus ads; when it becomes the opportunity/customer, it leaves the workflow.) It can be used with email marketing campaigns. The following graphics from Terminus blog explains itself. 

ABM-recipes.001-1

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost
KeyWestScott
Key Advisor

@kmalkiewicz , unfortunately I don't really have a good foundation for ABM, as we really don't work too much in that area.  More B2C (direct) than anything else.

@jennysowyrda Thanks for including, but sorry I couldn't be more helpful..

Scott

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

No worries @KeyWestScott! Thanks for responding! 🙂 

0 Upvotes
jrendell
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

@kmalkiewicz  What are you looking to achieve with your workflows? Are there any specific operational efficiencies you are trying to gain, or challenges you need to overcome?

kmalkiewicz
Contributor

Right now we're using contact workflows to generate Terminus ads, send emails, mostly we're using them for nurturing and pushing our contacts through the funnel. I've recently started using workflows to automate assignments for when contacts become an MQL, so I was just looking to see what others are doing with the company workflow option since we haven't used it yet.

One of our challenges is having our salespoeple adopt HubSpot software as well...but fixing that is probably a different thread 🙂 

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

HI @kmalkiewicz ,

Great question! 

I want to tag in some subject matter experts to see if they have any suggestions or examples of using company based workflows. 

@Yeti_Mike@Mike_Eastwood@jrendell@KeyWestScott, do you have any experience with this? 

Also, I wanted to share this article as a resource for workflow recipies for ABM. 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
kmalkiewicz
Contributor

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

Good morning

Haven't had a proper play yet but the first Workflow planned is for one of clients (we're a HubSpot Agency).

We have Custom Properties in the Company for Membership e.g. Membership Type, Membership Status, etc.

The plan is to copy the properties from the Company to all the Contacts to make it easier for the team to see Membership properties.

I've been researching ABM for our own agency so I expect to implement some new workflows in our portal soon... looking forward to hearing what other people are doing.

Mike

jeffreyr
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi folks! I've been looking at some examples of how HubSpot customers are carrying out ABM strategy inside HubSpot in the past few weeks.

One common use case I've come across involves using Workflows to notify reps when changes occur to their target accounts, e.g., a new contact being added or removed. You can do this by denoting your target accounts and triggering off an update to the "Associated Contacts" field on the company level. Also, here are a couple of pieces of content I've come across that have some ideas - 

Interested to hear what other folks are doing around ABM in Workflows!