Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Chilvalric
Contributor

Can I start a workflow from email received?

SOLVE

Goodmorning everyone,
I would have a doubt regarding the start of a Workflow: is it possible to start a workflow following the receipt of an email from a customer?

Sorry if the question may seem unusual and I thank you very much in advance for any answers.

Kind regards

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

This article should help you in the right direction.  Personally I cannot speak to this as I do not use Hubspot for ticketing at present.

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Tickets-Conversations/E-mail-to-create-ticket/td-p/256258

View solution in original post

mike-ward
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @Chilvalric ,

Out of interest, what's the use case? If it's support-related, then follow @Ben_M's link and configure it that way.

If it's for some other reason, the easiest thing might be to use something like Zapier. Have it trigger on a certain email arriving (whoever your email provider is, they probably have a Zapier integration), and then have the Action to be 'Add Contact to Workflow'.

HubSpot's Zapier integration is excellent so it gives a huge amount of flexibility for these kind of edge cases.

Cheers,

Mike

---

Did I answer your question? If your question is answered, please mark it as a solution. If you need more help, hit that big orange 'Reply' button!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
TAlfrink
Participant

SOLVE

I'm looking for the same thing. My use case is that we have a partner that emails quotes to customers on our behalf, and the only thing that they allow us to configure is the cc address. So we receive these emails in Hubspot and we want to automatically set the deal stage to "Quote sent" when we do.

I will use Zapier if that's really the only way to do it, but It'd be better if Hubspot could do it

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Yes. You could make a list for anyone who has been sent/opened your email and then use that as the starting point for your workflow.  This is found under "Marketing Emails".  Just choose the name and then choose contact was sent or contact recieved.  I'm not sure why both exist, unless a send to a bad address would count.  Personally I would do an OR rule there, or send in a support ticket for clarification on those two options.

Chilvalric
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi!
Thank you so much for your quickly and kindly reply, I meant that I wanted to start a workflow when our CRM get an email from outside.

Like if an email from a customer could automatically create a Ticket.

Forgive me for my poor English. Smiley Very Happy

0 Upvotes
mike-ward
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @Chilvalric ,

Out of interest, what's the use case? If it's support-related, then follow @Ben_M's link and configure it that way.

If it's for some other reason, the easiest thing might be to use something like Zapier. Have it trigger on a certain email arriving (whoever your email provider is, they probably have a Zapier integration), and then have the Action to be 'Add Contact to Workflow'.

HubSpot's Zapier integration is excellent so it gives a huge amount of flexibility for these kind of edge cases.

Cheers,

Mike

---

Did I answer your question? If your question is answered, please mark it as a solution. If you need more help, hit that big orange 'Reply' button!

Chilvalric
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you so much for the answers.

Yes, my quest is about the service and the suggested solution is really excellent. I just have to create a dedicated team inbox.

Anyway thanks also for the advice to use Zapier.

Thank all of you very much!

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

This article should help you in the right direction.  Personally I cannot speak to this as I do not use Hubspot for ticketing at present.

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Tickets-Conversations/E-mail-to-create-ticket/td-p/256258