Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

ultraMKT

Can I send emails to different emails based on a field from a form?

SOLVE

Hi, I am working on a form to be integrated into my website. I would like to know if there's any way for the form to be sent out to a particular email based on an option from a drop-down menu. For example, I have a field on the form that lets you select different cities, what I would like it to do is to send an email to a person in that center once the form has been filled out, not someone on an entirely different center. I know this could be done with a workflow, but does anyone have any directions? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ultraMKT

Sure thing. 

For this you need a workflow with enrollment criteria that match when you want the email to be sent - for example, the criteria could 'contact has submitted this particualr form' or the property in question 'is known'. Or you could use a combination of these criteria to be doubly sure. 

Then, for your workflow actions, you want to use a series of if/then branches to test for each possible value of the property - this could be a lot of branches if using something like city, but its the only way to do it. 

When a contact tests positive for a branch, use the send internal email action. Enter the email address that you want to receive that notification and then select or create the email. 

If the contact tests negative for the branch, they should pass to the next one. 

Hope that makes sense. Let me know if you have any issues. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @ultraMKT

Sure thing. 

For this you need a workflow with enrollment criteria that match when you want the email to be sent - for example, the criteria could 'contact has submitted this particualr form' or the property in question 'is known'. Or you could use a combination of these criteria to be doubly sure. 

Then, for your workflow actions, you want to use a series of if/then branches to test for each possible value of the property - this could be a lot of branches if using something like city, but its the only way to do it. 

When a contact tests positive for a branch, use the send internal email action. Enter the email address that you want to receive that notification and then select or create the email. 

If the contact tests negative for the branch, they should pass to the next one. 

Hope that makes sense. Let me know if you have any issues. 

ultraMKT

SOLVE

Ok, I think I know what you mean and I did this (see screenshot.) 
CAPTURE.PNG

Now, I stumbled upon this problem, I don't know if I have to do one workflow per option on the dropdown menu, or just put every option below the green yes branch. I did the latter but it only let me add 19 options from my menu, when I have more than 20.
Hopefully, I am being as clear as possible. 

Thank you very much

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @ultraMKT

Looking good. Couple of points. 

All new if/then branches should be on the no branch of the previous one. I.e. if city is Shreveport = yes, send email; if no, go to next if/then.

But, turns out there is a limit of 19 if/then branches in a workflow: Is there a limit to the number of branches I can use in workflows branching logic?

Moving to individual workflows per city is an option, but feels less than ideal. Could you group form submissions with specific cites (as the enrolment criteria) somehow?

0 Upvotes
ultraMKT

SOLVE

Oh no, I kept putting everything below the Green yes option. Is there any way to move some existing items to the no option

Thank you.

0 Upvotes